Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Week in Life DAY 2 (Tues)

Notes on Today (probably not very exciting but details I don't want to forget!):

-Alarm off at 6:30 - too early! Lay there until 6:35. Breakfast {cereal for kids & uncle & grandma; oatmeal for Bryan and Slim Fast for me}. Kids out door. Today Show on.

 DSCN0475 Youngest plays Lightning Cars with Husband. 8:00 - Youngest watches Super Why and Clifford. I check email. Coloring for Youngest, shower for mom.

Say good bye to Grandma & Uncle. Watch a Frasier re-run, blog. Youngest plays Thomas trains.  Pick up Daughter from the bus stop.DSCN0482  

DSCN0486

She's this week's STAR in her kindergarten class.  Gets first school library book:  The Little Mermaid.

Daughter and Youngest play Legos, blocks and Cars.  Youngest trades Cars in for Duplo Legos.  I break up a couple fights and rotate laundry.  Lunch DSCN0489 {pb&j sandwiches, sliced apples and chips}.  I read Self and drink a Diet Vanilla Pepsi while I eat. Decide to put "make bread" on my to-do list for tomorrow.

After lunch, the kids fight some more.  They take all the pages out of one scrapbook album and make a tent that I told them not to make.  They spend some time in their rooms.  I make cookies with Papa Murphy's cookie dough for book club.  Youngest falls asleep in his room.

 DSCN0492 I get out some fall decorations. 

Oldest comes home from school.  Snacks.  {Whale crackers or Honey-Wheat pretzels}  Youngest ate more snacks {he's a bottomless pit these days - string cheese and an apple, which he pulled all the seeds out of with his determined little fingers.}  Oldest and Daughter play outside.  I read a couple  blogs.  Listen to Classic Country on the TV.

The kids played play-doh while I folded three loads of laundry. DSCN0496

Cleaned family room {including vacuuming}, cleaned kitchen and straightened dining room and living room.  Bryan and Daughter went to soccer practice and I baked snicker doodle cookies and a Papa Murphy Pepperoni Pizza for dinner. 

DSCN0503 Book club to discuss A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel.  Fun to be these women and reading books that I may not have otherwise.  Watch The Biggest Loser before bedtime.  Start Playing For Pizza by John Grisham. 

Other for today: Cloudy, cool morning and nice sunny afternoon.  Bryan does a couple bids and a demo for a city.

5 comments:

Darilyn said...

Looks like you got a lot done. And now I want a cookie.

Michelle said...

It's pretty interesting seeing the normal day to day things that go on in someone's home. Funny thing...Pitcher Guy saw the first picture on this post and asked who lived at that house. I told him it was Amanda's house and he asked if he could go over to their house and play with those cars...

Bridget said...

Ahh, the life of a mom. It never stops. I have my kiten asleep on my lap. That's my excuse for just sitting here reading blogs.

Megan said...

I'm loving reading this Amanda. I love to see how someone else's life is every day. And your table looks so great with that pumpkin, cookies, and pretty pitcher. Love it!

Mindy said...

I think it's really interesting to read about your day this way. You got a lot accomplished today, good for you! I also LOVE the flip-flop/feet picture...so cute!