Here's a peek into our day. {See Ali Edward's here}
Some photos:
Some notes:
This morning we started out by taking our out-of-town guests to see the Crown Point Vista House and the waterfalls in the gorge. Bryan got Daughter from the bus while we were gone. Afterwards we went to Buster's Barbeque for lunch - had pulled pork and mashed potatoes - so good! Hit the beauty supply store, came home.
Fought a headache with ibuprofen and water. Oldest came home from school, and kids + grandma went to Dairy Queen. Oldest ate a LARGE Oreo Blizzard {no dinner for him!}, Daughter had a vanilla ice cream cone {so adventurous} and Youngest had a cherry Dilly bar. I blogged, checked email, and enjoyed the quiet which helped the headache go away. Homework was done, Youngest played with Thomas trains, I organized some photos. Dinner was made {spaghetti & meat balls, corn on the cob, salad, and green beans} - Husband and brother-in-law arrived with about ten minutes until it's time to get to soccer.
Head to Oldest's soccer practice where Daughter and Youngest play {and tries to drag grown-ups around}, Oldest practices {and plays tetherball after practice} and the grown-ups chat. I visit with friend too. Come home. Get kids changed. Clean up cube of margarine that I drop on the floor - EW! Heat up apple crisp that visiting teacher brought and watch Monday sitcoms {Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother}. Afterwards played Scrabble until way too late, and stayed up even later flipping through the September Ensign.
Other from today: Worry about government bailout and possible great depression. One accident from youngest but multiple successes. Chatted with sister on the phone. Bryan did a demo and got a small job while there. Lots of wind today. Record high of 90, but it didn't feel like it!
What did you do today?
9 comments:
Your day sounds much better than mine. I am trying to nurse a bad cold. All my out of town family left this morning though so I've had laundry and vaccumming and all that fun cleaning to do too. I'm going to bed now. I"m a loser.
Amanda, one thing you have (despite the headache), is a good life. Great pictures too!!
And now I want a dilly bar. Badly.
I love hearing about your day. I can't wait to read more tomorrow.
Yesterday was chaos; I was running around from 9AM until 9PM. And yet, I didn't blog about it.
Interesting.
Maybe I need to do this! Just to journal some of the daily routines. It's a great idea! Hmm...
What a busy day! After reading that I feel like I spend too much time not doing much! :-)
I love Ali, too. Wish I was more like her.
Great pics. Can't wait to see the rest of your week!
Sounds like you had a busy but blessed day. Dinner sounded delicious and so did the apple crisp...yummy! It was warm again here too and I am really ready for consistent fall weather to kick in. : )
I love the waterfalls in the gorge...they are so pretty!
I have presents for you. Again. Feel the love? :)
Post a Comment