Friday, September 19, 2008

Photo Story Friday & Tongues-a-waggin'

Ahoy there, me hardies. 

Did you know that today is National Speak Like a Pirate Day?  Arrgh, Matey.  I sent my kids off to school with bandanas on their heads and instructions to say "Arrgh" and "Matey" and "Ahoy" a lot. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSCN0198

DSCN0199

DSCN0200

I think we figured out why she was having a hard time in her game Saturday...  She was running with her tongue hanging out the whole time!  Kind of amazing she did bite it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSCN0214

And isn't this the cutest mascot?  We will choose to ignore the fact that he is wearing the other team's color.  And that he has giant feet.  Apparently.

Happy Photo Story Friday!  Head to Cecily's for more!

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ha! I love that her toungue is hanging out of her mouth. Too funny!

I mean, avast ye, mateys! Argh! Or something similar to other pirate jargon. ;)

Kelly said...

Don't tell my boys about the Pirate day. My nerves couldn't handle it.

Your photos are great! She looks like a power house out there tearing up the field!

Ginna said...

arrrr how did you get your photos to look like they're 3-d sitting there on the computer screen? So cool!

Cecily R said...

I actually did know about NSLAP day...I'm not telling my kids. I think my brain might fall out if I have to hear ARRGGGHHH all day...

LOVE the pics. Better than the generic ones you get with the team ANY DAY.

tiarastantrums said...

cute pictures - looks nice outside!

Killlashandra said...

Yes I knew today is National Pirate Day. I even heard a few Ahoy Matey's around the office today which sounded pretty funny. ;)

Great pictures of the soccer game!

FluffyChicky said...

We always talk like pirates in our house. There is nothing more funny than hearing your kids call each other "scurvy dogs" and threatening to make the other walk the plank. :)

Wendy said...

I did find out about the National Pirate Day from a particpate at Thursdy Thirteen. Cracked me up with 13 Pirate vocab. terms! Your little soccer player looks great on the field! My daughter used to cut paper with her tongue sticking out!

Mindy said...

Aaaargh matey!

We love pirate stuff around here! Your daughter looks like she was really into the game! Cute mascott too lol.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Ha, that IS the cutest! Pirate speak? My second language! Thanks for playing pSF!

Chris said...

I did know that Friday was National Talk Like a Pirate Day -- I have a calender of obscure holidays -- believe it or not.
And I always play soccer with my tongue out -- I thought it was a rule.

Bridget said...

I saw that it was National talk like a pirate day and chose to not tell my kids to save my sanity. The tongue hanging out is hilarious.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

It's her Michael Jordan concentration look!
The big feet rule!