Monday, September 29, 2008

A Week In My Life

For as long as Ali Edwards as been doing work for Creating Keepsakes magazine, I have been attracted to her unique approach to "real-life" scrapbooking. This week on her blog she is hosting a "Week in the Life" event. My plan is to play along.

The idea is that we take photos of the everyday things that happen, write down things that we don't normally makes notes of for the everyday and save things like shopping lists, receipts and etc.

This week is far from normal {my mother-in-law and brother-in-law are in town until tomorrow, my daughter has one day off from school, and this weekend is General Conference for church} but I plan to document the little things from Monday through Sunday.


This blog will be my place for notes, and posting photos until I have a chance to get the pictures and words onto paper and in an album. Loving this idea! And loving her post today about capturing the imperfection in life.
---------------------------------------------------------------
We spent a beautiful weekend at the coast. It was absolutely perfect. The best weather for beach play! Here's a couple of photos:

Some highlights:
  • My youngest had his first experience with water colors - and he loved it!
  • Two great days of playing and walking on the beach.
  • Grilled cheese sandwiches and ice cream from the Tillamook Cheese Factory.
  • A power outage that left us chatting over a couple of candles.
  • Getting to see a real live starfish and making a sand "whale" with a juice box to drink. (The whale idea was taken from another family on the beach - we copied - and my youngest thought the whale needed a juice box to drink!)
  • Listening to Beezus and Ramona on cd in the car.

What did you do over the weekend? Any chance you'll play along with Week in the Life?

3 comments:

Mindy said...

This is such a fun idea. I love the idea of scrapping based on simple everyday events rather than more monumental moments.

I have plans for a page with a picture of my husband's drill he had for work. It's worn and wrapped in duct tape after having fallen off his golf cart and breaking in half. He fixed it, and I was amazed.

Bridget said...

Grilled cheese and ice cream....you don't get much better than that.

Darilyn said...

I ran my kids everywhere on Saturday for their events, took them to Chuck E cheese after and then made it just in time to the Relief Society broadcast. It was a terrific day.