Friday, September 12, 2008

Photo Story Friday & Kid Speak too

Near the end of the school year in June, my oldest brought home a couple of sunflower seeds in potting soil in a paper cup.  We put it in the window sill and watered it.  It struggled along and eventually grew enough that we could plant it outside. 

Yesterday we noticed that there was some yellow leaves on it finally:

DSCN0068 

And today, when the sunflowers at the neighbors are wilted and dying, we have this beauty to greet us:

DSCN0125

***

While we were camping I escorted my daughter into the outhouse.

Daughter: Mom, you have a big bum.

Me: Gee, thanks.

Daughter: It's because you are old and I am not so you're bum is bigger.

Oh, okay.  That explains it.  I guess.

***

While trying to get my youngest to go to sleep for a nap.

Youngest: I don't want to take a nap.

Me: Why not?

Youngest: I am too big.  Big boys don't take naps.

Little does he know that Moms and Dads wish they could every day.

***

After working out a few minutes before it's time to leave for the bus stop.

Husband: I'm going to go change for the bus stop.

Me: Don't change!  We love you just the way you are.

Daughter: mortified No! Change! You can't go to the bus all stinky!

***

After I cleaned the bathroom.

Daughter:  What happened in here?

Me:  I cleaned the bathroom.

Daughter: No! pouts  I liked it the way it was!

Choose a favorite picture from the week and join us at Cecily's for Photo Story Friday!

12 comments:

Cecily R said...

HA! Gotta love the honesty in kids...most of the time anyway. Like that infamous time Gracie informed me she wasn't laughing....ugh!

Love the sunflower pic. You always take the best flower pictures!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That sunflower looks awesome!

And your kids are cracking me up. :D

tiarastantrums said...

love the special moments

That flower - awesome!

Kelly said...

I loved the stinky bus stop and clean bathroom comments! When I ask my kids to clean their room they whine saying it's easier to find things when they are spread all across the floor.

I see a FHE lesson out of the Sunflower story!

Darilyn said...

That is one gorgeous sunflower. I need one of those today to look at. and I love the little conversations with your kids.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That was LOVELY. And the kids grow as fast as the flowers, don't they? :)

mahina said...

you're kids are hilarious! i love how bluntly honest they can be!

i hear you on the nap thing. it's so unfair that kids get to take naps, and don't want to, when i would die to take a daily nap!

love the pix!

Mindy said...

This was such an enjoyable post. Your daughter is just a doll!!

Chris said...

Kids are so honest you just want to wring their necks sometimes. Those sunflowers are just about the yellowest -- is that a word? -- that I've ever seen.
Very pretty.

Mamarazzi said...

oh the kid speak is HILARIOUS!!

and the sunflower is beautiful!

i am totally late in reading all of the PSF's. Better late than never, i would have hated to miss this!

Jeanette said...

I love that second sunflower picture! I keep thinking I should plant some but have not done it yet. Maybe next year.

Michele said...

"It's because you are old and I am not so you're bum is bigger"

That totally made me laugh because I hear similar comments from my daughter all the time. I remember when one of them said how big my stomach was. I was like, gee thanks. She was like, no it's cause your a mom and mine will look like that when I'm a mom. Well I hope not, but it cracked me up. The things little kids say without getting what they're really saying! lol!