Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday Randoms

  • My mother-in-law is coming to visit today. We are very excited. We have plans to hit the beach so we're hoping for nice weather!
  • I've got the back of our car loaded up with stuff to take to Goodwill. Getting rid of some toys, some clothes, the trainer toilet (woo-hoo!) and stuff. Still pondering how to get rid of even more before Christmas though. At our old house we were very good at rotating toys in and out but we haven't done as well here. This morning I put away two bins of stuff, and am planning to put away a couple more. Wish me luck!
  • My oldest has scored in his last two soccer games. Very exciting.
  • My brother-in-law comes for a visit tomorrow. Should be fun! Just gotta finish getting the house cleaned.
  • Currently reading "Meet Your Match" by Stephanie Fowers. A guilty-pleasure type book. Much better than her first. Total LDS chick-lit.
  • I'm loving fall in Oregon - it is so beautiful. The colors are so vibrant, and the weather has been beautiful. A few scattered showers but nothing major.
  • I am not looking forward to the winter rain though. Praying for snow.
  • My youngest's ears are better and he seems to be feeling better all around. We had a rough couple of days but he is on the mend. Hooray! And we are done with diapers, pull-ups and swim pants. I tell you it is wonderful. There are still accidents, and there will be more but that's okay. I'm done with diapers.
  • I've cut up some old jeans and I'm excited to get to work on some rag quilts. It's amazing to me how many squares I have been able to get out a few pairs of jeans. My favorite quilt is one I did with plaid flannel on the top and denim on the bottom. It is perfect for camping, picnics or the beach.
  • Our Enrichment sewing group is having a bag making class today. I'm hoping to get over there to learn how to make Tracy M's tote bag. I've been hanging on to this pattern for almost a year! It's time I use it. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Well, that's about it for this Thursday. Any fun plans for the weekend? Are you doing anything fun in Enrichment? Any cool craft projects happening? Any triumphant moments at your house?

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, that's like a dream weekend! A visit from Grandma, the beach, piddling with favorite crafts and NO DIAPERS! Enjoy!

Bridget said...

Welcome to the phase of no diapers! It rocks!! I have my in-laws here and my dad and sister in law come tomorrow. Maren's baptism is Saturday so its a big weekend here. Enjoy yours!

Darilyn said...

What a fun weekend you are going to have. And I can't wait to see that rag quilt made out of jeans.

Michelle said...

No diapers? Wow! I can't see that day coming in my future anytime soon. I suppose you have to be finished having kids to get to that point though. Who knows when that will be...

I am so impressed with how crafty you are. I would love to make a rag quilt, if I had any sense to make one. I am not a sewer and I don't see that happening anytime soon either. You will definitely have to post pictures when you are done.

I am on the Enrichment committee now. I know it doesn't help you come up with ideas if that is all I say, but I will let you know anything fun we do if you do the same...deal?

Have a fun weekend!

Marchezt said...

Yay...for Family Visits! Say hello to her from me!

Mindy said...

YAY no more diapers!!!! Your rag quilts sound so neat!