I'm not sure that I can make it through a week of this. But after today, I am more than half way through. I've had some comments about much I get done. I think that is interesting because most days, I feel like I didn't get near as much done as I should/could have. I know I need to manage my time better and check my email less. :)
* * *
This morning Bryan was out of bed and getting kids up at 6:30. I dragged out of bed at 6:40. I am so not a morning person. Honeycomb for the kid's breakfast again. Load backpacks, make lunch for Oldest and listen to the Today Show while everyone eats. Bryan takes the kids to the bus stop. I check email and Facebook {and chat with my SIL}. Youngest watches a couple PBS shows.
Breakfast for me {waffle crisp + milk - healthy, I know} and a shower. Change Youngest. Head to Albertson's to return cans. All of our can money is going into an old peanut butter jar to be saved for a vacation next year. Buy some ice cream and ground beef {on sale for $1.99/lb}.
Home again. Clean kitchen. Youngest cries about his puzzle. It has had a lot of use. Get Daughter from the bus stop. Check email again while they play. These two play really well for about an hour when she gets home from school. Today they played school with their stuffed friends.
Bryan home. Did a small job this morning. Lunch {dino chicken, apples and chips for Youngest; frozen pizza & apples for Daughter; frozen pizza & salad for me; soup for Bryan.} Bryan heads to League of Cities show in Salem.
Clean the kitchen again. Grind wheat. Make bread. Clean Kitchen. Again.
Kids watch A Bug's Life while I read some blogs. Oldest comes home from school and we snarf down 1/2 loaf of bread for a snack. The kids play: soccer & Legos & flashcards. A little bit of homework. Time spent perusing the costume catalog from Party City. Youngest snuggles with me on the couch and we both fall asleep. He stays asleep. I get up and cut the neighbor girl's hair. Soup for dinner. Showers for the older kids. Oldest reads Frog & Toad, Daughter hits the hay.
Watch the debate. Recorded My Name is Earl for hubby. Straightened up the house a bit + loaded the dishwasher. Watched a few minutes of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on TV, read a chapter of Playing For Pizza by John Grisham. Fell asleep about 9:15. Bryan got home from his show at almost 10:00. Weather today was cool with showered showers. Beautiful fall day.
2 comments:
I love the pictures in this post. Your bread looks yummy and the pic of your little one asleep is darling. You DO get a lot done during the day, you put me to shame, lol.
See...I do think you get a lot done. Can you teach me how to make that bread?
Post a Comment