Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Week in Life Day 3 (Wed)

Bryan and oldest up at 6:30.  I get up about 7:00.  Youngest and Daughter up about 7:10. {honeycomb for breakfast}

 DSCN0508

Watch a few minutes of Today show, check email.  Oldest to bus stop.  Bryan to work.  Daughter (no school today) and Youngest watch the end of Sid the Science Kid, Super Why and Clifford.

Realize Oldest's homework is on the counter.  Take it to the school, and head to Mall.  Get there, drag in 2 kids and realize that there is no JC Penney at that mall.  Wander for a few minutes, and watch a woman ice-skating.  Decide to make a date to go.  Sounds fun!  Let Youngest and Daughter sit in the coin rides.

DSCN0510 DSCN0512

Get kids back in the car and head for home.  Along the way decide that I need to go to JC Penney today.  So, we head to the other mall 20 minutes away.  There is a Penney's there.  Return the items that needed returning and wander the clearance sections for the men and the kids.  Buy some Lightning McQueen pj's for boys for Christmas for $3 a pair.  Score!

Head for home.  Stop at bank.  Buy milk + a treat (since the kids were so good for all the driving around) and head home.  Make left-over spaghetti for lunch.  Read today's Oregonian.

Check email.  Catch up on my growing list in Reader.  Invite daughter's friend, E, over to play.  Load & run dishwasher.  Wash dishes.  Put away five loads of laundry {we wont discuss why I put away 5 when I only folded 3 yesterday ;).} Make bed and straighten bedroom.

DSCN0519

Max & Ruby on demand for Youngest.  Add things to online calendar {what would I do with out email reminders?}  Clean up over-flowed toilet.  No pictures of that. YUCK.  Work on email list/dates for Scrapbook & Book groups.

Send E home, and walk to pick up Oldest from friend's house.  Eat apples at home.  Dinner is on the way to/at Oldest's soccer game {BK for the kids and Taco Bell for Bryan and me.}  Oldest plays goalie first half of game.  Tired for second half.  No more play dates on game day.

DSCN0550  

Bryan goes to church meeting straight from game.  Home.  Youngest and Daughter in bed.  Oldest reads Days with Frog and Toad on the couch.  Plans to watch New Adventures of Old Christine {so disappointed with last week's episode though...hoping for something good tonight} and last week's NCIS. 

Others from today: Bryan does an all day job for an apartment complex.  Weather is nice - cool morning, beautiful afternoon.   Fall is starting to show.  Leaves turning are beautiful. 

DSCN0527

Youngest gets a new car for staying clean & dry for two days straight.

DSCN0565

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dry for two days straight!? Hooray! Let's make it three. And four. And five!

You are so busy, Amanda. I feel like a slacker when I read your posts, I really do! But that's not a bad thing. :)

Amanda D said...

I'm betting that you get more done than you realize. You just aren't writing everything down! I never really thought that I accomplished much...I spend lots of time sitting! And, knowing the world is going to be able to read it is motivational.

Jeanette said...

I think your youngest son and my son would make good buddies. My son loves cars (Has the same pjs from your last picture). And your picture of the cars and race track yesterday had him excited. "My cars!"

Janelle said...

I like your quilt. It feels like oregonian weather here today.