My kids are so excited about Halloween. For some reason, this year I'm not. I have a few decorations out and more that I could get out but I just don't want to. Hopefully once it gets closer and we have pumpkins, I will be more excited.
Luckily for me, my youngest is okay with being Bob the Builder again. He was Bob the Builder last year, and my oldest wore the costume for a couple years too. Love reusing the costume.
Luckily for me again, my daughter wants to be a witch again. Now, I just need to get to costume out and make sure that it will still fit. She has grown a ton in the last year so it probably wont, but I'm hoping.
Unlucky for me, my oldest wants to be a Storm Trooper. I'm not a fan of costumes with masks in general. And, I don't really think that he likes Star Wars. I think he likes it because his friend's like it. He doesn't actually sit and watch the movies when they are on, and I really don't think that he understands what is happening when he does watch.
I'm working on convincing him to be a Jedi. I think I could make this costume.
What are your kids dressing up as? Any good ideas for Star Wars costumes? Are you excited about Halloween?
5 comments:
I think I might be recycling costumes this year too.
My oldest really liked the costume she wore last year (a vampiress) and she just keeps getting taller, not really bigger, so we might be able to make it work.
My youngest I'm thinking of using a costume I made for my oldest that is the only costume I have made (grandma made the rest) and I'm very proud of it(is that bad to say) so I'm going to try and use it with her if it will work at all.
I love Halloween for the kids, but being the first time I have more than one kid after only having one for 9 years, it's a change for me. I'm glad I don't have to do a whole lot of worrying over the costumes.
My daughter wants to be a witch again too! Third year in a row I am so lucky. I don't get into Halloween much so I am happy that my kids don't make a big deal about their costume.
I used to love Halloween when my older two were little, but it was so much safer then and we lived in a neighborhood where we literally knew everyone. These days we hardly know any of our neighbors and so we're searching for a family friendly activity we can attend. Not much luck finding one so far, but I'm not giving up hope.
Max wants to be a giraffe again this year, and the best part of it is that his costume still fits, yay! So it'll be easy. It makes me happy that for once he can want something doable.
#1 is going to be a black cat, #2 is going to be Jane from Tarzan (with the yellow dress; NOT the loincloth!), #3 doesn't know what he wants to be, and #4 is going to be something I find in the dress-ups/costume box.
I'm boring when it comes to Halloween, although I'm trying to think of something good for Brandon and I...
Post a Comment