I don't know what it is about paint that freaks me out, but I can't handle it. I don't let my kids use it because I am too afraid of it getting everywhere. Even if it says that it is washable, I don't let them use it. Because, what if it isn't really washable and it gets all over the carpet? Or the walls? Or their clothes?
But Grandma's are extra-special and they can give their grand-kids things they don't normally get to have.
Like paint.
Grandma brought my youngest his very first water-color paint set with a Lightning McQueen book to paint in. He was on cloud nine. And, the paint stayed where it was supposed to. No paint anywhere it shouldn't be. He was absolutely thrilled.
Head over to Cecily's for more Photo Story Friday.
9 comments:
That's what grandmas are for...my mom is always doing the messy stuff with my kids.
I BET he was on cloud nine!
What fun with Grandma..
He looks like he is having a blast..
I'm the same way with paint. We only do watercolors like those your son has here, anything else just screams potential carpet stain, lol.
We paint nearly every day. Water colors, finger paints and craft paints. I really really want one of my children to be an artist! So far I'm not noticing any particular talent but I'll keep providing the paint and cleanup afterwards in case it pays off.
I am a total control freak when it comes to paint (& markers) & kids. Even if it's the special stuff that's not supposed to show up unless it's on that special paper (Color Wonder). Baby Boy (2) has to be in his booster seat (which has buckles) at the table and then...we'll discuss it.
That's why I love Grandma's house too!
oh you are so like me!!
That is absolutely what G'mas are for. Looks like he enjoyed himself.
Grandmas have their own set of rules, don't they. It's like they have the immunity idol, or something.
Good thing for grandmas! Looks like he is having the best time!
Post a Comment