Sunday, October 26, 2008

More Fall Colors

We had my nephew with us all day yesterday.  We decided that the best plan to keep the fighting to a minimum was to keep everyone busy.  We started the morning at the pumpkin patch.  Last year we went to a pumpkin patch that had all sorts of neat activities and games and treats - all the cost extra.  We decided we weren't doing that again.  This year we found a patch with just pumpkins. 

White pumpkins are strange to me.  My kids were all excited about the ghost pumpkins though:

They also had a big stack of hay that the kids climbed around on.  I took the chance to get some pictures of them all together:

There was also some beautiful u-pick flowers.  I didn't pick any, but I photographed some:

 

DSCN0862

After the pumpkin patch, we went home and the kids played and ate lunch and then it was off to two different soccer games.  After the games we came home for more playing and then we took the kids to see Kit Kittredge:An American Girl.  I loved it.  My youngest didn't, and the others seemed to enjoy it but got kind of restless.

As I said before, I am in love with fall in the Northwest.  Here is more proof of why:

DSCN0824 

DSCN0872

Did you do anything fun this weekend?  What is your favorite thing about fall?

10 comments:

Darilyn said...

The colors right now are particularly gorgeous. I really like the picture of the leaves looking up to the sky. Beautiful.

Kelly said...

You pick flowers are so much cooler than dippy carnival rides. What a neat place!

Jake said...

Your camera must be amazing. The leaves look stunning!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I love those photos. And my weekend was fun, I had like a 3 day birthday celebration!

Bridget said...

Gorgeous colors. Love those pics. Our weekend was crazy. Two soccer games, two birthday parties, Nathan spoke at Priesthood stake conference session, we went out with some friends for dinner and then adult session at night. I am still trying to unwind.

Leslie said...

Amanda! I just love your photographs. Amazing! Beautiful! Those words just don't seem to do them justice!!!

Thanks so much for sharing them with me (us)! :)

Cecily R said...

Amazing shots Amanda! Love the one of the kiddos!!

Ginna said...

yay more gorgeous fall pictures! I wish I could come out a visit and check it out for myself.
Maybe someday :)

Mindy said...

I love the next to the last pic with all the yellow. And your kids are adorable!

Jeanette said...

I love the flower pictures. Your daughter has such a big smile in that picture of the kids, I love it.