Monday, October 6, 2008

Week in Life Day 7 (Sun.)

The kids were up around 7:30, Bryan was up around 6:30 (I think) and I was up at 8:00.  Check email.  Blog.  Bryan makes traditional "conference cake" aka Coffee Cake.  {The trick is to do one of the cake and triple the topping.  Let's not discuss how much sugar that equals.}

General Conference.  While watching Bryan walks on treadmill.  I clean kitchen and TV room.  Kids play in boy's room. Help Oldest and Daughter with homework while Youngest colors.  Lego's & peruse the ads in today's paper. 

Shower for me.  Take braids out of Daughter's hair. Lunch {leftover penne & Alfredo for Daughter & Youngest, Dino nuggets for Oldest, toast + yogurt with Grape Nuts for me, and leftover pasta with sausage for Bryan.}

Read the newspaper from Friday-Sunday.  Try to convince Daughter to take a bath.  She refuses.  Wants me not to do her hair.  Consider not volunteering in her classroom if she insists on not letting me do her hair.  Take out recycling & trash.  Laugh as Oldest questions me about who is coming over.  He tells me that someone must be coming because I am cleaning. 

Afternoon session of General Conference.  Play with Photoshop Elements.  Kids play Lego's.  Kids outside for more big box play.  Me clean TV room again and vacuum.  Start dinner.  Start Fire by Night by Lynn Austin.

Dinner. {Glorified Hamburgers, baked potatoes, & veggies}  Load dishwasher. 

Bryan tells Daughter that if she wont let Mom do her hair, then Dad is taking over.  And he doesn't know how to braid.  Gets clippers and tells her that he will cut it short like his.  She sits down and says, "Not quite that short, Dad."  I tell her that she should wash it because otherwise having clippers go through will hurt.  She decides to take a bath and think about what she wants done with her hair.

Oldest shower.  Daughter bath.  Bryan and Youngest read stories & play guitar.  I check email.  Oldest and Youngest play this game on the computer. I wash & condition Daughter's hair.  Bryan reads.  Read People. I braid Daughter's hair into three french braids.

Kids in bed.  Watch sitcoms recorded earlier in the week.  Bed. Read.  Asleep. 

A whole week done. More info that you ever wanted.  {wink, wink}.  Looking forward to making an album of the Week in Our Life.

 DSCN0695 DSCN0696 DSCN0709 DSCN0716 DSCN0721

What are some of the things that happen in your house that you don't think much about? Anything funny happen at your house this weekend?

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I love coffee cake. My kids get it when its their birthday or some other special occasion. Yesterday my husband made some fantastic apple crisp from the honey crisp apples we got at the local orchard. SO GOOD! I pushed extra hard at the gym this morning to work it off. :)

Anonymous said...

This has been so fun to see your "normal" week. It's made me tempted to do the same, but I just don't know if I could stick with it.

Darilyn said...

I get the same comments from my kids when I clean the house. They always think someone must be coming over.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I didn't comment on each one, but I loved this idea. I think I will do it in the summer though. With both my boys in school, I'd look like a lazy slacker if I posted this now!!!