Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-large For Today...

Outside my Window...there is an east wind blowing that is cold, but the sky is clear and blue.                                                                                                  

I am thinking...about how excited I am to get to Utah for Thanksgiving.

From the learning rooms...planning Wednesday's preschool plan - I'm teaching {Aughhh!}, my oldest is working hard on math & my daughter is practicing letters.

I am thankful for...cool fall weather, vibrant colors outside, and a great husband.

From the kitchen...simple pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  The recipe is a box of spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin and some chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  So good, so easy and pretty healthy too.

I am wearing...jeans, a sweatshirt and bare feet.

I am reading...the last in the Refiner's Fire series by Lynn Austin.  It is good but sad, too.  Up next is Master by Toni Sorenson.

I am hoping...that work for my husband remains steady and that he has a safe trip to Seattle.

I am creating...Christmas cards.  I am making 60 and hoping it will be enough.  And, I am loving the design.

I am hearing...my daughter and my youngest re-enacting scenes from Toy Story.

Around the house...I have mounds of laundry to be done, and floors to be cleaned.  I did get the kitchen and family room cleaned.

One of my favorite things...having the windows open.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...end of season soccer party, church Halloween party, teaching pre-k on Wednesday, carving pumpkins and some trick-or-treating.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

DSCN0852 

Head over to the Simple Woman to see more Daybook Entries.

6 comments:

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

Thanks for the yummy cookie recipe! Have a blessed week!

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com

Janelle said...

Oh I love that photo!

Darilyn said...

I love it when you do this. Thanks for sharing your world with us.

Cheryl said...

Man, I love your photography!

We're reading Master by Toni Sorenson for book club this month! Kind of fun that we'll be reading the same book at the same time...if I can just find a copy...

Mindy said...

Oh, I love your Christmas card design! And hats off to you for making 60 of them, wow! You go girl!

Ginna said...

mmmm, lovely picture. Nice depth of field!