Thursday, October 16, 2008

Under My Couch

It seems like when I have something important to do, I always manage to do other things.  Things that maybe need to be done, but not right now.  For example: Tonight I am hosting scrapbook group for church.  I should be baking treats, and cleaning the living/dining room so that there will places for people to sit that aren't covered in sticky-syrupy spots.  Instead, I cleaned out under the couch.  Maybe I think that the ladies will be lifting up the sectional and having a peek.  I kind of doubt that though.

I must say, I was shocked by what I found.

Now, I have never claimed to be a good housekeeper, but I was still quite surprised by all the stuff under there.  There was: a Barbie shoe, a library book that we have had for six weeks and haven't read once, $0.27, a phone, flashcards, a handful of Legos, a Playmobil robber on a jet-ski, puzzle pieces, a cd-rom with digital scrapbook downloads (good thing I copied those to the computer recently...the disk is trashed), a flip-flop, a frisbee, a spoon, cars, train track pieces, socks, a library card, books, pens, a Little Person, and a whole heap of garbage. And pieces of popcorn.

I'm not sure what is possessing me to show you what was there but here you go: 

So, what is under your couch?  Any chance you'll photograph it and show me?

14 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

No way am I photographing what's under my couch. I think there's a half an eggo waffle under there at the moment!

Funny post.

Anonymous said...

LOL Yeah right!

I mean, there isn't a thing under my couch, it's spotless. (don't worry, I'm happy in my delusional little world!)

Mindy said...

We have a futon instead of a couch, so you can see under it. Which is good because that forces me to keep it cleaned out. Right now underneath it there is a toddler bed mattress and a Candyland game. Tha mattress stays there a lot of the time because its one of Aspen's favorite things to play with. Candyland go shoved there to clear the floor for the vac.

Enjoy your scrapping get together, that sounds so fun!

Anonymous said...

You're too funny! I have to go look. Here's what I think I have: hand weights, printer paper and a HUGE atlas under one couch (weird collection...but goes with what happens in the family room). Under the other couch are a couple of big board games. Now...I'll go see ; ) OK, I only found one more board game and a cushion. Darn! I was looking for a very important paper I thought I brought back from Utah...

I love it that you start on one path and end up on another...that's me!

Janelle said...

Nothing to report under my couches but I do have a "rec room" to report on. Maybe tomorrow.

Kelly said...

I'm still waiting for you to show me under your bed per my request last spring!

But I'll let this count!

Ginna said...

I love the list! I just cleaned out under there the other day and there were a ton of little cars. And lots of dog hairballs, which is totally disgusting.
I love how you had the whole state of TX under there. You must have a pretty big couch! :)

Darilyn said...

This is hilarious. I love that you listed every single thing...too funny. My couch has looked like that before too. I know at the moment it's not too bad, just a few socks. But it was pretty bad the other day when we cleaned it out.

The Brown Team said...

Amanda- I love checking your blog because it is like a gold mind and I never have enough time to read it all because I catch up on like 20 posts! I love that you took your days one at a time and so the little things you do. What a treasure to have when your kids are old and you need to look back and remember. Also I loved learning about why you love Brian. wish him Happy birhtday. Your kids look so much older too wow.
You do amaze me with all you do...that or your an incredible blogger and could fool anyone.
-love Kelli

Leslie said...

I'm scared to look at what might be hiding under my couch!!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Love this post, and the picture just makes it priceless!

Michelle said...

That is a hilarious picture. I am actually impressed that there could be that much under the couch. I don't think most of that would fit under mine...unless I lifted it first and then pushed it all under.

Jeanette said...

LOL. I think I would find more bits of food and crumbs than toys and books.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so my couch underneath is spotless right now but that's only because I vacuumed it out due to the roach's that have recently been taking over my home.