Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I need YOUR opinion. Please.

Sunday we went out and had my brother take some family pictures of us.  I bribed each of the kids with $2 for some good pictures.  None of them earned a full $2. :) Close though.  They turned out pretty good.  I am wishing that we had used a tripod and that we had been out about an hour earlier...thinking we might have had some better light. 

We tried to get some of just the kids but they were having none of that.  And, we got a couple of just Bryan and I that turned out good.   These are my faves of the whole family:

Which picture do you like best?  Are our faces too gray in the black and white ones?  Any suggestions for editing in PhotoShop Elements?  I think it has a hard time with the varying skin tones... 

Which photo do you like best?  Color with bridge? Black and white with bridge? Color standing?  Black and white standing? or In front of river?

Please help.  I need to get these printed for Christmas cards..soon!

15 comments:

Desi said...

For what it's worth, my favorite is the black and white one where you are all standing. I think the facial expressions are the best in that one.

Good luck in making a decision.

Ginna said...

I like the the first one--the bridge with color! I think it's nice. The b&w are a little too washed out for me.
Hey, if you wanted to email me a copy of that one I could play with it in photo shop a bit. Maybe I could do something you'd like! No guarantees though. :)

Janelle said...

I like the color standing one best. But I can see all the commenters disagree, making your choice no easier! But it also means they are all cute.

Julie said...

Your family is so cute! My fave is #3.

Kelly said...

Dang! If these didn't earn the kids $2 you have some pretty high standards.

I like #1 and 2 best. But I also like the bridge black and white. I guess it all depends on the style of the Christmas card too. And really, they are all perfect. If I were to open mail to find one of these pictures, it isn't like I'd be thinking "I wonder why she didn't pose her family in front of water instead of a bridge." No, I'd look to see how much your kids have changed and then smile because I got a card. Any one you pick will be perfect!

Cheryl said...

Personally, I think you (specifically) look gorgeous in the 2nd one. But not everyone is smiling in that one, and neither are you, in fact --so, you know. I'm a sucker for sitting down photos --for some reason, standing ones always look unnatural to me. They seem forced, I'm not sure why.
So I would pick the first or second one, and I would stick with color. :)

Jocelyn said...

I like the color one by the bridge the best -- the lighting is really nice.

I think you're right about the b&w ones -- the greys are too grey -- I'd stick with the color ones.

Great pictures, by the way. Your family is so cute.

Mindy said...

I like the first one, the bridge in color. I think the kids did a great job. I like all the pics really but for me the overall "feel" of that first one is why I picked it. you have a beautiful family.

mahina said...

i have always been a big fan of b&w. so, my fav b&w is the bridge. however, i agree with cheryl, you look the best in the one infront of the water. it is so tough to just pick one!

i am not familiar with elements, but in cs3 there is a tool where you can select different parts of the picture to lighten or darken, etc. if elements has that i would lighten up the faces a tad in the first two pictures. i would increase hue/saturation also to bring out the color in the color photos.

i don't know if that helps, but that is my $ 0.02. good luck. let us know which you pick!

Darilyn said...

Color by the bridge. It's fantastic!

Cecily R said...

I like the bridge shot in color. It's gorgeous.

The Brown Team said...

Amanda- I just sent this e-mail out to your family but I got your's back. so if you could do this for me it would be great. also I like the family pic of you all standing in color (3rd one down) Let me know if you need my e-mail.
Dickson Family!!!

Hi family -I hope all is going well! Long time no talk!
As you know Christmas is not to far away, I'm trying to get a Calender made for
Bev and Tom again this year. If you have any favorite pictures please send
them my way. I need about 4 from each of you if possible. The more
you can give me the better. Also please send them in High quality! Please
send them by Dec 1st if possible as well.
Thanks a ton Kelli

since I'm not to good at sharing our family blog here is an update with us.
http://lorinandkellibrown.blogspot.com/
check out Tash's and Amanda's blog too They are much better at it than I am!

Christie said...

My personal fav is the colored with bridge. LOVE them all though. Cute, cute family!

Bridget said...

I would go with the second to last.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I like the color by the bridge one. Your family is adorable!