Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 17

Today was the last day of school for the kids.  And that means: party!

My oldest son’s teacher spread the party out over the week so I was actually in his classroom on Tuesday helping with ornaments, and Thursday when we took the kids to the gym to run around and then had treats and special drinks in the classroom.

Today, I went to my daughter’s class first.  I helped them wrap their cinnamon scented ornaments up into tissue paper so they could take them home and then we helped them get hot chocolate and cookies.  Afterwards, we played a couple games until it was time to go to the gym for the sing along.

12 17 10_4047

After a few minutes in the sing-along I went to the kindergarten class for the party.  We played a couple little games with them, helped them make a beaded ornament, and then they got to open the gifts that I talked about here

It was really very cute.  The kids loved it.  I heard several say: “Wow!  This is what I always wanted!” and “This is the best day EVER!” It was quite adorable. And surprisingly, they got a pretty good assortment of stuff.  It wasn’t all erasers and pencils.  They got a book mark, bubbles, little jars of play-doh, stickers, candies, pencils, and other stuff.  I suspect that most of it will get tossed in the trash over the next few weeks but it really was adorable to watch them tear all the packages open.

12 17 10_4058

They also got cookies and sang the parents a couple of songs. 

After the party, I came home for a few minutes of quiet before it was me and the kids all day every day.  Then I got to work.  I made rice krispy treats, caramels, chocolate crinkle cookies, sugar cookies and Oreo truffles. I was exhausted by the day’s end so we ate pizza, watched Ramona and Beezus and then the Blazer game.

Did your kids have parties in the classroom?  What kind of holiday treats are you making?

2 comments:

Katie Gee said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy. We made white chocolate covered pretzels. I got the kids involved and they loved it. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Darilyn said...

No parties at our school. It's totally lame. I'm glad that your kids got to have a party.