I all ready told about the kid’s decorating the tree, but I thought I’d share some pictures and a few more details today in honor of December 1.
We went to the same tree farm that we have been to every year since we moved. It’s not far from our house, the service is top notch and the prices are great. For our tree that’s a little shy of six feet we paid $15 (plus a small tip.) They cut the tree for you, load it up on a tractor, let the kids ride with the tree and then tie it to your car. I think we’re getting a much better deal than they are. I lugged my big camera around and when it was time to take a picture, I discovered that I hadn’t put the memory card back in the last time I uploaded pictures, so no picture of the kids or the tree farm.
:(
I did get a couple shots of the kids putting the decorations on, however:
My youngest had his heart set on putting the star on top. Even though this is something Bryan typically does, he let our five-year-old do it:
I have spent a lot of time sitting on the couch reading over the last few days. There’s nothing quite like sitting next to a twinkling tree and enjoying some peace and quiet.
Is your tree up and decorated? Do you use white lights or multi colored lights? Personally, I love multi-colored. Bryan likes white lights. So we compromise and put multi outside and white inside.
8 comments:
What a deal on a tree when you consider the EXPERIENCE alone! Fun. And it looks pretty, too!
I've always liked colored lights. Nathan likes white. We have a fake tree prelit with white, so I get the colored ones outside. :)
It looks beautiful, and I'm sure smells even better!
We put our tree up last night. We love going to the tree lot and picking out that perfect tree! We use the multicolored lights inside and out...the white lights just seem so stark and industrial.
I've always been a white light fan, but I'm not against multi-colored. Stanton, on the other hand LOVES multi-colored. We've had the white lights on our pre-lit tree, but since 1/3 of them are out and we're in the process of taking them all off, we've decided to replace them with multi-colored lights.
I love sitting by the sparking tree. Well, I loved sitting by YOUR sparking tree last night. Thanks for being a great hostess. Our tree is not sparking totally yet. More like dead (though they worked when I tested them before putting them on the tree!) OR strobe. I love turning off all the lights—except for the tree—and listening to Christmas music.
The tree looks great :) Hope you all are enjoying the Holiday season!
Such a beautiful tree. We just got ours up yesterday. I, too, love to sit next to the tree and enjoy peace and quiet. There's something special about it. Merry Christmas!
I am all about white lights! My kids think it's so boring to have white lights, so this year we needed new christmas tree lights, so I got red and white. For some reason i just dont love the multi colored ones. I did hang a strand of them under our porch this year though. Ya know, whatever it takes to make the kids smile:)
Post a Comment