Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 10

 December 10

At the kid’s school, the fourth and fifth graders do the job of a crossing guard.  They kids have to apply to be on the “safety patrol”.  My oldest loves to be involved so he signed up and now for one week a month he goes to school early and stays late to help get kids across the road safely. One day this week it rained so hard that he was soaked from shoes to shorts to jacket.  On really cold days the school gives them hot chocolate in the morning.

After school today when I picked him up, I also picked up half price milk shakes from Dairy Queen for a fun treat.  We had Pioneer Woman pizza for dinner and the Blazer game on TV.  We also tracked the Jazz game on the computer.  Both our teams won!

I’m really hoping to do something Christmas-y this weekend!

2 comments:

troutdalite said...

I think all of the things that you do with your kids are the most "Christmas-y" of all. You are a great family!

It also reminded me of this post:
http://leescoop.blogspot.com/2010/12/love-love-love-love-and-logic-message.html

(the template was changed, I usually read in Reader...)

Jocelyn said...

That's a really cool thing for the 4th and 5th graders to do. An awesome responsibility.