Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 15

12 09 10_4018

Loving…Working out twice a week with a good friend.  I feel better than I have in years.  Stronger, faster, more energetic.  It’s awesome.

Trying…new things!  Today I hit a Trader Joe’s with a friend for the first time. I’ve heard how great the candy cane Joe Joe’s are so I got a box of those, some butternut squash to make a soup with and some mini gingerbread men.

Down…two pounds at Weight Watchers.

Working…on a new client.  Highlights and a haircut that turned out well.  Yay!

Needing…to mop the floor.  Seriously, it’s shameful.

Hoping…that the youngest’s two bad hearing tests at school are just a fluke and that he doesn’t really have hearing loss. 

Planning…on a weekend filled with cookies.  I’ve got grand plans for the cookie baking.

Praying…for a friend who’s husband just passed away.  Really praying for their two young children at this time of year.

Watching…old episodes of Without a Trace on TV.  It might be one of my favorite shows.  And I still love Everybody Loves Raymond but it’s on at odd times so I never get to watch it.

Wishing…that it would snow.  I’d so love a white Christmas but that doesn’t look promising.  And I guess it’s better because I’d really love if my parents had good weather to come for a visit after Christmas.

How about you?

5 comments:

Weston Krogstadt said...

Cute kid, cool blog. You RULE!

Cami said...

Have him tested with an audiologist--then you will know for sure. We found out about Clayton's hearing loss through the school testing. I was super freaked out about it for the first couple of years and now his hearing loss has stabilized. I guess I'm just saying I know how you feel!! Call me and we can chat if you'd like. Cami

Julie said...

I'm so sad for your friend. I can't even imagine.

But, Amanda. A-MANDA.
This was your FIRST time in TJs??? Have you now seen the light? :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Let's see:
Loving...that you are back to blogging, I missed you too much on that break you took a while back
Trying...to stay calm and speak kindly, the holidays can be stressful. :)
Down...to one last final exam, and then I'm done with this semester!!
Working...on wrapping presents
Needing...more time!
Hoping...my boys and I have fun together on our break.
Planning...to read an actual novel (instead of textbooks!) on my Christmas break
Praying...for everyone I love
Watching... Pearl Harbor from 2001 with Ben Affleck...still love that movie...still cry every time
Wishing...I could fly my family out for Christmas...but I'm grateful to have my In-Laws here.

Thanks for indulging my LONG comment. <3

Valerie said...

So sad about your friends husband. I'll pray for those kids too and for your youngest. Have a fun cookie filled weekend...and try the popcorn its total BLISS! LOL I used two bowls of popcorn, candy melts...white choc. half in each bowl then drizzle with colored candy melts. Mmmmmm. Merry Christmas!