Christmas cards!
I used to make Christmas cards. I loved it. Once I found an idea to copy I could make dozens of the same card in no time and it brought me a lot of satisfaction. The last couple of years, I have done a photo card. I wanted to make cards again this year and go with a religious theme, so I bought a couple stamps and made a few cards but none I was really happy with so I went back to the photo card. Costco had a couple a few weeks back for $5 off your order of 50. Fifty cards is only $15 so I got them for $10.
We used this picture.
I finally got a letter printed out, and got the envelopes stuffed and addressed yesterday. The majority went out in the mail today. Some will have to wait a couple more days for addresses.
I love sending Christmas cards. I love getting Christmas cards. It’s so fun to hear from people that we don’t always hear from at other times of the year. I just wish everyone sent a bit of a newsletter. The cards with just a signature always disappoint a little bit.
We tape the pictures we get to the inside of the front door so we can see the people that we love each time we go out. I save the pictures too.
Do you do Christmas cards?
7 comments:
I LOVE getting Christmas cards - it's the most fun time of year to go to the mailbox! I wish I was better at getting them out this year, but with a new baby who never sleeps, I'm taking my free pass!
Okay, mine will disappoint you. I think it got mailed to you yesterday. It will disappoint because there is no letter enclosed. Sorry. Some years I do, some I don't. This year was a don't. But I too did the Costco deal for $10 and loved that I could put 4 pictures on it and had enough space to write what each picture was about. It's very small writing and some may have to get a magnifying glass, but it's there.
I'm a huge fan of Christmas cards. And the newsletters.
I have mine all addressed, but I don't have them stuffed yet. I've got to get that done!
Also, your picture is DARLING!
Oh, one gripe, though. I love getting pictures of the WHOLE family. I love my friends and I want to see their faces!
I did a little letter and asked Scott to edit it...and he redid it 'engineer style' or sort of a cross between scrabble and bingo. Can't remember if I put one in...since you know what we are up to. If not, let me know and I'll zap one over ;)
Love seeing the kid pics in Christmas cards. They grow so fast.
What a great picture! We have never done the whole picture/letter thing for Christmas. But I do send out cards and I love getting them.
Julie, you totally deserve a free pass! You snuggle that baby and don't worry about stuffing envelopes.
Darilyn, there's no way I'd be disappointed! You update your blog! I can't wait to get it!
I should have included a shot with all of us, Julie, because last year I did just the kids. We never got a really good shot though. Next year. I promise!
I love Christmas cards. Thats an awesome picture of your kiddos. I wish mine would stand still enough to take great pics :( lol
Post a Comment