Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 25

Christmas morning at our house started with the youngest coming in at 7:00 to see if we thought that Santa had come.  We entertained him until about 7:20 when we let him wake up his brother and sister.

December 25 6x8  

We came down stairs and opened presents.  Santa didn’t give the kids exactly what they wanted but I think everyone was pleased with their gifts.  Our oldest got an mp3 player (which has been attached to his hip ever since), a camera and an erector set.   Our daughter got the Barbie jet, and a CD player for her room (it’s the only gift we need to return – it doesn’t play CDs with out skipping.)  The youngest got a collection of City Legos and some more Jawbones. 

We are blessed and loved and that was very evident to us in the gifts that people gave us. 

Christmas day flew by.  I couldn’t believe how fast the day went!  We played Legos, new games, Barbie, read stories, picked up wrapping paper, talked to extended family, raced remote control cars and ate a tasty, simple dinner and more all day.

At 7:00, my youngest asked to go bed and was asleep almost the instant his head hit the pillow.  I was exhausted at the end of the day too.  It was such a fun day – quiet, with just the five of us, entertaining and fun. 

2 comments:

Darilyn said...

What a great Christmas! i love that your youngest asked to go to bed. I was exhausted as well!

Jocelyn said...

They all look so thrilled with their gifts. I felt the same way about our day -- it FLEW by. I sort of loved that part of it -- it's the sign of a day well spent.