Friday, December 24, 2010

December 23

Christmas cookies!

Decorating Christmas cookies isn’t Bryan’s favorite thing.  The kids like it and I don’t mind doing a few cookies.  This year we had trees, gingerbread boys, stockings, and candy canes.  I gave Bryan the camera so he could capture the evening.

He took 85+ pictures.

Here are a few:

12 22 10_4254 12 22 10_4210 12 22 10_4206 12 22 10_420912 22 10_422112 22 10_4204   

The kids each ate a cookie or two that night, and another the next day but other than that they wont get eaten.  Next year, IF we do Christmas cookies, we are doing the mix in the bag and going with one dozen cookies. 

Do you do Christmas cookies every year?  Do you leave cookies out for Santa or something else? When I was a kid we always left out my mom’s homemade chocolates.

4 comments:

Ginna said...

We love doing those kind of sugar cookies, and unfortunately for us we usually eat them ALL. They're so tasty. WE didn't do them this year though, so Santa got peppermint Joe Joes, which are quite delicious too of course.

I forgot to tell you, I followed the link you posted to find out how to do the bokeh lights tree--thanks for that. I love how yours turned out, but the colored lights do give it an extra somthin' somthin'.

Merry Christmas Amanda!!

Jocelyn said...

I get really overwhelmed with the mess, which is why that and gingerbread houses are not high on my traditions list. I do think the packet and a dozen are a great idea.

We usually scrounge up some sort of cookie for Santa, but homemade is not a requirement from our house.

We typically leave carrots and celery for the reindeer and sprinkle reindeer dust on the lawn (usually comes home from preschool). The kids aren't particular about the treats tradition, though, and this year they didn't even think about it. I left a couple of cookies and veggies out for them because one of them requested it before they went to bed. The one thing they always look forward to, however, is the note Santa leaves for them. He usually thanks them for the treats and gives them a little thing to work on during the next year. They love his fancy handwriting.

Your frosting is really pretty.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

My Wild Boys were very insistent about making cookies this year, so I bought Pillsbury cookie dough, canned frosting, and some sprinkles....no shapes & no colored frosting, but they still had fun.
We do leave a treat for Santa, but in the past he's gotten carrots, a candy cane, or hot chocolate...we figure he appreciates the variety from year to year. ;)

Darilyn said...

We don't leave anything out for Santa. Weird huh? I think just about everyone does but I didn't do that growing up and I just never think about it. I think one year when our now 16 year-old was very young she wanted to leave something out and we scrounged around in the kitchen and ended up leaving a pb & J and a glass of milk. She seemed happy with it so we left it at that.