My cocoa today is in the form of Diet Pepsi. I drink it to try to avoid having a snack too early. I should drink water. I know.
I know this isn’t a Christmas picture, but I like it. And it’s not winter here…yet.
We got our house ready for Christmas this weekend. My oldest child (9) wanted nothing to do with the decorating of the house. He also wanted the first tree we laid eyes on at the tree farm. Can we say obnoxious tween? I’m so not ready for this phase.
The tree was wet from all the rain we’ve had so it sat in the garage until late afternoon Sunday when we brought it in. Bryan did the lights. After dinner, the kids decorated the tree. I sat by the box of ornaments and passed out ornaments. I left a lot in the box. We have a TON of ornaments and a lot are little kid friendly. My kids aren’t so little anymore so we were able to use some of the breakable stuff this year. The kids did a great job with the decorating. I only had to move a few ornaments around when they were done.
I’ve done most of the Christmas shopping for the kids. Extended family is done. Gifts for teachers are done, and the neighbor gifts are planned. Now if I could just think of something to get my husband. He insists he doesn’t want/need anything. I tell him that I’m getting him something whether he gives me an idea or not so he may as well give me some ideas so I get him something that he wants. What are you getting your husband?
I read this conference talk this morning. It was about how we should consecrate our lives to the Lord. It was a good thing for me to read. All day long, I’ve been working. And thinking about how it’s important that I do the work. I tend to get selfish and resent the work that I have to do. Time to change that attitude.
Weight Watchers has changed their program. I’m not thrilled with the changes at this point. It’s been a half day. My meeting isn’t until Wednesday so I don’t know all the details yet. Really wishing that I would have tracked on paper this week instead of online. My whole week was messed up when I logged in this morning. The new way of doing points does seem to make sense though. It takes into account fat, fiber, protein and carbs, rather than calories, fat and fiber. It will just take some adjustment.
Well, the dryer just buzzed. Time to rotate it and get to work!
6 comments:
love your musings. LOVE your photo. MY dryer just dinged too, so I'm out of here. Finishe P&P&Zombies. Hope Scott stays home so I can come tomorrow night. Anything I can bring?
love your musings. LOVE your photo. MY dryer just dinged too, so I'm out of here. Finishe P&P&Zombies. Hope Scott stays home so I can come tomorrow night. Anything I can bring?
That photo is beautiful. You really are awesome.
I was putting all my sentimental ornaments on the little alpine tree where I display them and got teary eyed. I love them. I look forward to when my actual tree is full of them. Right now there aren't enough....
And oh, how I don't look forward to the days of my kids not being THRILLED to participate in those sorts of things...
That photo is great by the way. I used to hate it when WW would change their program.
I got The Husband some clothes, a book he REALLY wanted, and a book on CD. So not original. He claims he is not hard to shop for, but he is!
I love that photo! The blue and fallen leaf makes it seem so peaceful. You're so talented.
Post a Comment