When my kids were small I got to choose what music they listened to. We have a few VeggieTales cds, a Laurie Berkner Band cd, and a few other things but for the most part my kids and I listen to the good stuff:
Country.
Old and new. My kids know Johnny Cash, Easton Corbin, Sugarland, George Strait, Rascal Flatts, the Judds, the Statler Brothers and Randy Travis (my favorite). In fact, when Randy Travis’ song, I Told You So, was ruined played by Carrie Underwood on the radio one of my kids pronounced that “This song is NOT by a girl! It’s by Randy Travis!”
It was one of my prouder moments as a mother.
Then this school year started. And the school bus ruined it. All of it! Darn that school bus. This year, the driver plays the radio.
But not my beloved country station.
It’s Top-40 teeny-bopper stuff. And my kids love it! Now, I hear all sorts of strange sounds from their bedrooms. They even got to the radio in my car! {“Push number 2, Mom!”} They sing the songs {“I want to be a billionaire…”} while they play.
The worst part:
They say they don’t like country!
The nerve of that school bus driver.
5 comments:
I don't care for a bulk of country music. But I do love me some Johnny Cash. Mmmm-hmmm.
I used to have my kids hooked on classic rock stuff from the 60's and 70's. But no longer thanks to the day care. So, I guess darn your bus driver and darn my day care anyway! :)
If only they could broaden their horizons without abandoning their roots!
Ok, that's pretty funny. But it was bound to happen. :)
Dang kids getting their own opinions!
such a sad thing! Did you watch the CMAs last night? Sugarland was amazing! Take care and get well soon.
Post a Comment