When I posted last week about not serving but doing Pumpkin Fluff instead, my good friend, Dulsanna, told me about a similar recipe that she makes. A pumpkin smoothie! She sent me the basics and I’ve played around with it a bit. I’ve managed to find what I think is perfection in a glass.
Seriously, I may never need to eat pumpkin pie again.
Pumpkin Smoothie:
1 cup canned pumpkin 1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup water 5-6 ice cubes
1/2 package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix pumpkin pie spice
Put all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. If it’s too thick, add a little more water. Enjoy!
---
The best part? It’s healthy! The whole recipe is 3 servings fruit and vegetables, very filling and only 3 Weight Watcher points. If you want to share with your husband, it’s only 1 point. Also, pumpkin pie is loaded with vitamin A and fiber so your in good shape that way too.
UPDATE - With the new Weight Watchers Point Plus System, I calculate this to be 5 points for the whole thing, and half is 2 points.
8 comments:
That is seriously awesome. Hey, if you want something to do this weekend come see our stake play, Annie, Get your gun. It's tonight and tomorrow. Email me if you want info.
I'll definitely be trying that one. And healthy! Yay!
Great picture, too.
Oh my gosh! I can not wait to make this, pumpkin + smoothie=my two favorite words!
I'm buying the pudding TODAY. Yum!!
Sounds yummy I;m gonna try it out today. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I've not tried pudding; what a fun idea. Glad you're on the pumpkin smoothie bandwagon.
I've been adding spinach to our smoothies the last couple years. This last month I've been adding green smoothies everyday. I even braved adding baby mixed greens to my pumpkin yumminess. It tastes very fresh, like lots I've tried. I don't know about you doing green, though, Amanda. I think it would be in your "too weird" category.
D.
http://www.rawfamily.com/recipes
http://www.greensmoothierevolution.com/
Holy YUM!!! I had a sample of Jamba Juice's pumpkin smoothie today and it was amazing. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'm trying really hard to be good and shed a few pounds myself. So good and low-fat sounds perfect. I think I'll try this recipe on the kids for their after school snack on Monday :)
This sounds yummy, and I am always looking for good WW recipes.
Post a Comment