- that I think the chalk art of the neighbor kids is cute. And I hope I remember, that it doesn't stay around forever. Rain will come. Chalk will wash away. And, even if we are in a dry-spell and it isn't raining, I could get my hose out and wash it away.
- that I still enjoy the sounds of kids playing outside. I hope I enjoy the sounds of kick-ball games, hide n' seek games and kids racing around on scooters, bikes and skate boards.
- that I will remember that if a ball lands on a flower, it is not the end of the world. The flower will perk up, and even if it doesn't, it is okay.
- that grass was made for lounging on. If the little neighbor boy wants to take a break from his bike on my grass, I hope I will think this is cute.
- that I will enjoy meeting up with the neighbors. And chatting.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
When I'm Old
When I am old I hope:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sounds like maybe you're having some experience with some people who aren't this way? Am I right?
We have a neighbor down the street who doesn't want kids walking on his front lawn. Max is always dying to go up there and smell their flowers. I think it's sad I can't let him.
Nothing serious, luckily. Just some irritation. On both sides probably. :)
Yes, but now we must hear all about the crabby neighbor next door. Details and pictures, please!
If you follow all those observations, you will do you fair share of LIVING, even in your old age. Great post!
more details! we are all about the juicy details in the blogging world.
these are great things to hope for! i hope i'm not irritated and crabby when i'm old!
There isn't really any juicy details...the old couple next door doesn't want my kids drawing on "their" sidewalk, and they got after them to stay off the grass - even if the ball goes in their yard, and had their friend tell me that they think my kids are to loud. To the last one, I say, Tough. Kids are kids and they don't get to be loud inside so they have to loud outside!
I totally agree. And I hope I am not one of those people who rudely bumps into my children in the store and then looks at them disgustedly as if it were there fault for being there. Not that that hasn't happened to me or anything.....OK it has.
Just smile and wave at those crusty neighbors of yours. Anyone who is grumpy at kids has serious issues.
I think about things like this all the time.
Bu the one that really gets me is that older people (I'm talking middle-aged, like fifties and sixties, say, "I've raised my kids. I've put my time in. I'm done." That's their excuse for not wanting to have anything to do with kids. I've worked in the church nursery for over 14 years and some of the members who have been there a long time and never even had kids have that attitude. It makes me sad and never want to say that to anyone as an excuse for not being around kids. I wish they'd just be honest. Or better yet, not have that attitude! :-)
Later - Sniz
Sorry you have crotchety old neighbors. I hope I am not that way when I get old either.
Sorry your neighbors can't appreciate all that makes a neighborhodd like...um...neighbors??? : )
Post a Comment