On Saturday, we had the kid's opening day of soccer. They both had team pictures and their first games. I think that it is great league - they are very organized, the teams are small and in my daughter's age group they play 3 on 3, and my son's age group they play 4 on 4. I think it is the best way to learn. They don't keep score, but of course, the kids playing are. Both my kids were convinced that their teams won. We took a ton of pictures, and ended up with some good action shots:
That night, Bryan got to chaperon a church dance, so I watched Becoming Jane after the kids were in bed. We also watched the Jane Austen Book Club, so it was Jane week all around. My oldest has been wanting to see Star Wars, so I rented #4 (#1 in my youth), and they watched it twice, and have since been pretending to Storm Troopers, and have been arguing over who gets to be Darth Vader. Why doesn't anyone want to be Luke, is what I want to know. We took the kids to see Alvin and The Chipmunks yesterday. My oldest and my daughter loved it, my youngest kept saying that he wanted to go home. I enjoyed the super buttery popcorn, as did my husband. :)
I am having a hard time finding a book to read -- I started The Diary of Anne Frank, but I can't bring myself to finish it because I know it is sad. My brother loaned me Lonesome Dove because my whole family swears it is the best book on earth, but I can't get into it. So, I went one I have read before: All-American Girl by Meg Cabot. It is a fun YA book. Read it when you need a break from something serious. Is anyone reading anything good?
And last of all, my favorite flower is all a-bloom around here. I have been photographing the ones in our yard non-stop, and here is a recent one:


10 comments:
I want your 80-degree sunshine. Send it our way.
A good read is "The Other Boleyn Girl." I've been totally into other books during this time period by this author - can't get enough of merry ol' England. The author is well-written, and the books are very engaging.
I finally caught up on your posts! I wish I could go back and comment on them all, but I just don't have the time. :( But I did want to say that sharing your adoption of Daughter with all of us was just wonderful and beautiful. Thank you for doing that. What a wonderful story and a wonderful family. You're the best, Amanda.
yes, this past weekend was amazing as far as weather goes. I love the picture of your daughter in midair.
Beautiful flower! I also love the pic of Daughter mid air. Perfect timing!
the tulip is gorgeous! How fun to finally have some warm weather. It makes me happy.
I love the soccer stuff, I want to get Max into something like that when we move. Fun action shots!
i love your perspective on the tulip! very original, you rarely see tulips from that angle!
i am reading Kabul Beauty School right now. my mom gave it to me to read. i'm only about 70 pages into it, but so far it's good. it is about an american hairdresser that goes to afghanistan and opens a beauty school in Kabul, post 9/11 and the taliban.
I would recommend "The Loop" or "The Smoke Jumper" by Nicholas Evans....both are excellent.
Love seeing little girls play soccer. So cute!
I am reading "Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know But Doesn't" It is so interesting. Are you on Goodreads? I thought you were. If not, you need to sign up and add me as a friend.
BTW, I just found out Nathan won't leave until Wed and come back Fri next week so he WILL be around for my b-day. Thank you for the invite though! We still need to do the Children's Museum when we have a day off of school.
Thanks for the book suggestions! keep 'em coming!
Bridget, I am on goodreads. Isn't it wonderful?!
Christie, I would totally send spring to you but it seems to have disappeared and they are currently saying rain for the next 10 days with snow on Sunday. Enough all ready!
Those are great pics of the kids. They look like pro soccer players in them. :)
Post a Comment