Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Scrappin'

While I was in Utah my mom gave me some photos to scrapbook for her. How fun! One set is from the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Fest a couple of years ago. I love all the bright colors in them, so I worked on them first.

I did 9x9" pages. I used pink paper, and printed one flower quote for each page on lavender paper. I also used some felt flowers, and fabric flower accents. I was able to complete the whole album with two pictures per page in about 2.5 hours.

My to-do's for the upcoming week are to plan out an album for the other set of photos that my mom sent - a trip to Mt. Rushmore. And, I need to play around with my Cricut and finally get it figured out. Anyone know of some good websites that I can use?

This week's bonus question: What kind of projects do you do most often?
For the most part my creative time is spent scrapbooking. I do enjoy making quilts though. I prefer the rag quilt type to piecing, but I have done both. I have also dabbled in embroidery.

If you are a paper-crafter, join us at Sunday Scrappin'. There is so much inspiration there!

8 comments:

Mindy said...

WOW you're quick! A whole album (even a mini one) in 2.5 hours is unheard of around here, lol.

ChrissyM said...

You will love the cricut machine! I love mine, its my baby! We have a tulip festival coming up here next month. Good luck with your goals! Have a great week!

Lori said...

A Cricut!?!? How fun!!!!!
Good job on the album too!!!

Melanie H said...

I have he baby cricut and love it, have fun with yours.

Have you tried the Cricut message board for ideas, information and inspiration?
http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/

Good luck with your goals this week.

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations on getting a whole album accomplished in 2 1/2 hours!
I don't have a cricut, so have no advice. Sorry! :-)
Hope you meet your goals this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and BTW, I'm going to post pictures of some of the curtains I've made real soon!

Jake said...

Oh wow. You are good. I feel guilty because I don't really enjoy handicrafting. I appreciate it. I love the idea of it. But I don't love the process. Hopefully my daughter will learn to do it all in spite of me...

Crystal Ware said...

Hey, I'm new at Scrappin Sunday. Sorry I don't own a cricut so I can't help you but I have only heard wonderful things about it. Good luck with everything next week. :D