Anyways...
I have had Photoshop Elements 5.0 for a couple of years now. I took a couple of classes before I had it, so I don't remember anything now. Up until recently I have just used it to resize a photo or take the red-eye out.
That has all changed. Just look and see what I was able to do thanks to PW's tutorial. This is a shot that my dad took of my oldest son when they went bird-watching while we were in Utah. The original shot is good, but can maybe improved. Original shot:

Just look at it now. And it was easy! Not much different.... a little brighter, a little crisper. Very eye pleasing. Edited shot:
In her instructions after you flatten the image, she has you go to Enhance>>Adjust Sharpness. My 5.0 version doesn't have this as an option, so after I flattened it I went to Enhance>>Auto Smart Fix.
I love how it turned out. So if you are new with Photoshop (Elements or the whole she-bang), head over there and learn from a master.
5 comments:
I absolutely LOVE the pioneer woman! She's so fun to read, her photos are awesome and I think I've learned more from her about digital photo processing than anybody else anywhere.
Good work on that picture, the colors look awesome now!
Amazing what you can do with some good photo software, huh? I have many photos that have taken on a whole new life of beauty thanks to my Paint Shop Pro. : )
I've had elements forever and can't do a thing with it. I knew she was working on the new site but forgot to go back to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
Great work! You are a good student.
You know I'm a fan of PW. I love how you used her tips to enhance your picture. I really need to try that.
Huge improvement, I think, and there was nothing noticable wrong with the pic in the first place. Cool.
Post a Comment