Friday morning, I started painting. I only got a little bit done before I decided that it would be good to go over and watch my oldest at his school's "Run for the Arts". Basically, each grade was assigned a 30 minute time slot to run around a bark-dust track as many times as possible. Two times around is 1/4 mile.
My oldest in the blue shirt
I figure that my oldest went around 8-9 times. He insists that he went 17 times. He is quite the little runner - he didn't take a break at all in the 30 minutes. I think he was embarrassed to have myself, and his little brother and sister there watching but we weren't the only families that went to watch.Afterwards, we went to the church play group, and my kids had a great time running up and down the gym at church.
On Saturday, my daughter and oldest had soccer games. We were able to get to both with just a few minutes in between. My daughter's team was pretty evenly matched with the other team. There is a lot of coach involvement at that age. My oldest's game was pretty exciting to watch since there isn't as much coach involvement, and they don't clump around the ball quite as much. Of course, my youngest and daughter weren't so interested in Oldest's game, so they played at the playground instead.
Holding hands on their way to the playground
That afternoon was my nephew's birthday party at McDonalds. This is the first time my youngest has been invited to an actual party, and he was so stinkin' excited. They had blast at the party running around, and eating french fries.
Saturday night we got to do something that I have never done before. We went to a professional soccer game. The Portland Timbers played the Seattle Sounders. Portland won - 2 points to 0.
We parked a few blocks away and rode MAX in to PGE park. This was the highlight for Youngest and Daughter. My daughter spent a lot of time pretending to catch green and pink bugs. My oldest's best friend was there and they had a great time watching the game together.
In other news, my youngest is doing really well at potty-training. I can't wait to have no more diapers. My parents are coming to visit this week, and I can't wait.
7 comments:
What a busy weekend. The professional soccer game sounds like fun. I haven't done that before.
Oh my gosh - that's one busy and fun weekend! Congrats on the potty training. Here is for hoping it continues to go well!
I'm loving the pic at the soccer game where they're holding hands!
Did all the kids go to the game? How did they do? I started thinking about taking our family to a game here (I've never been), but wonder how the 3 and 2 years olds will hold up.
What? No pictures of the living room!?
I hope the potty training stays successful, and I'm glad you had such a busy week/end.
We've taken all our kids to Prof. baseball games --it can be so much fun! I'm glad you had a good time at the soccer game, although the lumberjack mascot is kind of an odd choice...I guess it IS Oregon, though...weird...
Cheryl, there will be pictures of the living room. When it is done. Befores and afters. That is...if I ever get it done!
Julie, my kids are 7, 5 and 2. My oldest did great. He was very excited about everything. My 5 year old spent sat for the whole game great, but begged for food the whole time. My 2 year did okay. We had to take him for a couple of walks. Luckily we weren't crowded in so he could climb up and down on the seats with out bothering anyone. The game was 2 45-min. halves. If I was you, I would try BYU baseball of something like that first.
What a fun family trip. Your kids are beautiful!
Good luck with the painting project. I started painting my vaulted entry last August. I have no after pictures to show yet. Sigh.
you HAVE been one busy lady!! treat yourself to some "me time"!
Post a Comment