Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Today I am thinking about all the things I’m thankful for.  I know that I am blessed with much.  Here is a list of things that I have been thinking about this week.  Are you thankful for any of these?  Different things?

  • The awesome county library system
  • Bryan and his willingness to take care of us.  He gets rid of gross dead mice, gets the car fixed, and works hard for us every day.
  • Diet Pepsi
  • General Conference talks ~ they fill me with hope and encouragement

daught

  • My daughter always being willing to share
  • Blogging ~ it gives me a way to express myself, and it calms me.
  • Apples
  • Target.  I adore Target. I love to just wander Target.
  • People that read this blog, and especially those that leave me a kind word or two in the comments.
  • Good books and magazines. I love magazines

oldest

  • My oldest son’s passion for whatever it is he’s currently in to
  • Bean and bacon soup. Mmm.
  • Sunny days
  • The Utah Jazz
  • Yoga
  • Challenges
  • Scrapbooks
  • Sweatpants and fleece blankets
  • Garbage disposals and garbage men
  • Christmas music

Tony

  • My youngest son’s enthusiasm for everything
  • A house that keeps me warm, a car that runs and food in the cupboards.
  • My camera
  • Fall leaves
  • Spring flowers
  • The excitement my kid’s have for Christmas
  • The phone that keeps me connected with family and friends far away
  • My testimony of Jesus Christ
  • A living prophet
  • Dinners that my kids will eat
  • Dominos Pizza and their $4.99 carryout special
  • My parents.  My in-laws (I was blessed with great ones).
  • My sisters and my brother.
  • Chore charts.

That’s all for now.  I could go on and on, but you don’t want to read it.  So, say a prayer of thanks, hug your kids and significant other and enjoy the leftover rolls!  Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Next time you come to Utah, let's go to Target, wander some aisles, and buy some (lots) Diet Pepsi. Happy Thanksgiving, Amanda.

Ginna said...

great list amanda! That was really fun to read. Happy thanksgiving!!! :)

Anonymous said...

thankful to have you as a friend!

jendoop said...

You're awesome!
(Keeping to the 2 word comment)

Jeanette said...

Great list. So much to be thankful for.
I will e-mail my brown sugar carrot recipe.

Darilyn said...

I love bean and bacon soup too! Great list.