Friday, November 6, 2009

Christmas Wish Lists

Man, I am all about holidays this week. 

tru_hdrLogo

Yesterday as I was getting dinner ready and needed a few minutes of silence from the offspring, I suggested that they look in the Toys R Us Big Toy Book and write down their five favorite things that they might like to get for Christmas.

My oldest child carefully looked through the book and thought about the different things he might like to have.  His list was neatly organized and had the following on it:

  • Bananagrams
  • Monopoly Card Game
  • Uno Attack
  • Mario Kart
  • the Lego camper, city corner, police headquarters and walkie-talkies
  • Crayola Masterworks art case

Now, he wont get all of these things, but they are all things that are possible. 

***

My daughter made her list.  She dreams big.  Her list says:

  • Barbie house
  • camera
  • Barbie
  • Clothes
  • Bride and Groom Barbie
  • a radio
  • a Power Wheels Cadillac that she can drive
  • an I-pod
  • a Nintendo DS
  • a kitchen
  • a hair salon

There is no way she is getting most of this stuff. I tried to get her to choose some inexpensive items, but she is certain that Santa Claus will bring it all.  I told her that Santa can only bring gifts that Mom and Dad approve of.  She looked up at me with those beautiful brown eyes and said, “Don’t you want me to have a car that I can drive?”

***

My youngest son couldn’t keep his list to five.  None of them could I guess, but he really wanted something off of each page.  I skipped a couple as he was telling me and wrote down 18.  EIGHTEEN.  His list looks like this:

  • Buzz Lightyear wings
  • Buzz and Woody play world
  • Toy tools
  • camera
  • Diego Launch and Rescue Pack
  • Tonka Chuck and friends talking dump truck
  • Music table
  • Lego combine
  • Uno Moo
  • Lightning Power Wheels that he can drive
  • Home Depot Workshop
  • sword
  • Horse (not a live horse – the mechanical one)
  • two-wheeled scooter
  • guitar
  • I-pod (yes, he is 4.)
  • Wii Toy Story Mania
  • large stuffed puppy
  • Play-doh Burger Builder

***

Because I am a big dork and wanted to do something other than mop my kitchen (after all, we’re not expecting company this weekend so it can wait another week), I added up the totals if they were to get everything on the list. My oldest child might be my favorite right now.  His add up to $333.  My youngest’s 18 item list adds up to $997.  And my daughter’s?  With her big dreams, it is at $1,195. 

Holy Hannah. 

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Puts it into perspective, doesn't it?!

I love their lists. And my floor hasn't been mopped in 2 weeks. Yeah ------

Christie said...

Your daughter and my daughter would be BFFs. Kindred spirits those two.

Amber said...

You've got your hands full with Christmas, don't you? :-) Definitely puts it into perspective!

Susan said...

It cracks me up that she is so sure you would want Santa to bring her a car to drive!

Mindy said...

This was such a cute post. Aspen watches about an hour of TV in the afternoons and in that time I counted 12 toy commercials the other day. At the end of each one she says, "Mom can I have that?"

I told her that Santa knows of some other toys she'll love even more ; )