Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Playing with Leaves

DSCN9146

The color of the lenses in my sunglasses make the colors of fall really pop.  The colors are so intense.  I decided a few weeks ago to try to capture that so I held my sunglasses in front of the camera lens.  The above is the result.  It’s not a good picture, but it is interesting.  I’m drawn to it again and again. 

I knew after I took the picture that it didn’t turn out the way I envisioned and decided I better snap the same picture with out the glasses.  Here is what the leaves really looked like:

DSCN9145

I like the second much better ~ you can see the way the edges of the leaves are starting to brown. You can see the intensity of the golden yellow.  You can see the blue, blue Oregon sky (and I think, the whisper of clouds adds just that much more). 

The fall colors here are starting to fade.  The kids are looking forward to Thanksgiving and then Christmas.  Temperatures are falling and we’re wondering when we’ll have to turn the heat on – and trying to put that off for as long as possible.  I’m experimenting with recipes (try these pumpkin muffins).  Bryan’s working hard to provide for us.  The kids got good reports at Parent Teacher Conferences this week. 

What’s happening in your neck of the woods?

-----

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!

9 comments:

Julie P said...

I love that first picture!

Christie said...

I'm always a little disappointed when I take off my sunglasses and realize the world is not rose-colored. Maybe that's where that phrase comes from?

Great pics!

jendoop said...

I like the one without the sunglasses too. There is a great analogy in there somewhere...

What's happening at my house? Sick kids getting better and dragging their feet about homework. And DH working late too many nights.

Michelle said...

I love looking at your pictures. It is amazing how different things look with sunglasses.

By the way, thanks for all of your comments on my blog. I am not the best commenter, but I sure enjoy reading yours.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

My hubby is always laughing at me when I exclaim about beautiful colors, since my sunglasses and I are hardly ever apart.

Mindy said...

I love the first pic too. Very cool. Have you tried it black and white, maybe with varying contrasts? It has loads of potential. Of course the second one is gorgeous too. Now I have to get out and take some Fall color pics.

* said...

These picts are breathtaking! Even more so because we don't really have many leaves changing in my neck of the woods.

PS: I'm off to check out your giveaway next. Sweet!

FluffyChicky said...

What pretty leaves!

Those pumpkin muffins sound yummy!

Anonymous said...

the first pic: what a cool idea. Kind of reminds me of the 70s.

the second: it's the contrasting yellow and blue that knocks your socks off

I agree. You should make your photos into cards. Sigh...I'd like to buy MANY!