I’ve done the shopping. I realized in the night last night that I forgot to buy yams or sweet potatoes. I was obviously distracted by the good employees at Wal-Mart doing their daily meeting. All that yelling and stomping threw me off. I’m not up to facing the grocery store on the day before Thanksgiving so we’re not having sweet potatoes. Instead we’re having turkey breast (grilled), steam and mash potatoes, rolls, fruit salad, stuffing (from a box), vegetable tray and a few deviled eggs with all of the pie that I am planning.
I’ve been reading Creating Keepsakes magazine forever. I’ve very distraught over the fact that in two months all my favorite writers are leaving the magazine. First Becky Higgins. Then Ali Edwards. Now Lisa Bearnson. What the heck?
I’ve been getting up at 5:15 3x a week to work out at the church. It’s really hard most mornings. I really miss that hour of sleep. I’m really surprised how much it takes out of me. I can barely keep my eyes open until 9 or 10 at night and once I’m in bed, I’m too tired to read which is why I am still reading A Redbird Christmas. I really can’t believe it’s taken me so long, because it’s good and it’s small, but I feel like I’m trudging through. Isn’t exercise supposed to give me more energy? Eventually, I suppose….
I joined the 100 Mile Fitness challenge three weeks in and the next week I sprained my ankle. I was so worried that I wouldn’t be able to do it, but with six weeks left, I am finding myself almost halfway. (You can track my progress on the sidebar). I’m kind of amazed at the motivation I feel from it. I want to finish. My goal is twelve miles a week to get to me to 101 by December 31.
My 4-year-old chose a new Thomas the Train book at the library on Monday. It is 508 pages long. I will be very sick of Thomas in three weeks. I’m just hoping someone puts it on hold so we can’t renew it.
For the last two years, my big kids have had the week of Thanksgiving off from school. Since we’re not traveling, I’m kind of okay with them being in school this year, but most of me just wants them home with me. Weird.
Well, that’s all for now. Happy Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
Bravo on getting up so early to work out!
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Save some of those leftovers for me, because your meal sounds just yummy!
The energy from the exercise will come. Good for you for getting up so early. I have a hard time with that. Happy Thanksgiving.
Almost all the scrapbook stores around us have closed down..and the mags closing. It's kinda sad. Do you know about Journal your Christmas? it's at Shimelle.com I signed up a couple years ago, it's thought provoking.
Good for you for working out. Keep at it and it will all pay off.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Deviled eggs! Thanks for reminding me. My husband would have been very disappointed if I did not add them to the menu.
Way to go getting up in the mornings! Something I can not even attempt right now. Well, I am up but I am usually feeding the baby about that time hoping he will eat quick so I can get back in bed...
I read a Redbird Christmas last year. I thought it was kinda boring. Maybe that is why you are not getting through it and are falling asleep. :-)
Post a Comment