Bryan got home from work on Friday early enough for us to carve pumpkins before dinner. My daughter dug right in and helped get my youngest son’s pumpkin cleaned out and did her own completely. My oldest son did some of his own gutting and I finished it. He did do his own carving, which I think is great. He is starting to get some independence and it’s wonderful. He did a skull and cross bones on one side and a face on the other.
My youngest wanted heart eyes, a triangle nose, ears like his and a happy face. My daughter chose the face for hers and I carved it:
We saved the seeds out for roasting but I haven’t done anything with them yet because I don’t know how. I better get on Google and find out.
Friday night we went to our ward’s Halloween party. It was a good time. The kids all wore their costumes and they had a lot of games for the kids to do. They did a cookie walk, and got to feel brains and eyeballs. After the games and a costume contest, the kids got to trick or treat at all the classrooms in the building. Someone had volunteered to man each classroom and pass out candy. The kids got some good treats and we came home. We were there for just a little over an hour ~ and I think that’s the perfect amount of time.
Saturday morning we went to my daughter’s last soccer game of the season. We’ve really lucked out this fall – not many of the games were in the rain, but this one was. And the field was muddy. Luckily for me, she didn’t get near as muddy as some of the other kids. Just her socks and shoes.
Saturday night the kids went trick-or-treating with a friend at school. I’m always surprised at how few houses they want to go to. We were back home pretty quickly, checking out the candy. They got some good stuff and were all willing to share some with mom and dad.
……………………the clown………………………………the princess…………………………….and a jedi…………………….
How was your Halloween?
3 comments:
That princess costume is gorgeous. what a pretty color on her. Good going for getting pictures of all your kids. I wasn't home when emma left yesterday so I told her she has to put her costume on today too so I can get a picture.
Wow, they all look great. I loved hearing Tony, running out of the church, yelling "Bye Sister Payne!" I'm sure it made her day. You'll have to go to the link of my niece's daughter (post before last) as she was dressed up "Star Wars" also. She was born 9.9.09.
Cute kids, cute pumpkins.
My kids forgot to beg for pumpkins this year, so I did none. I hate pulling those seeds out. I'm so glad they forgot..
Post a Comment