I am always on the look out for new, easy recipes that my kids will eat. I am not much of a cook so they have to be easy. As I was throwing out the old Bisquick box the other night, I found this recipe for chicken nuggets. I made them last night and they were tasty, so I thought that I would share.
Ingredients:
2/3 cup Bisquick
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" strips
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't have this so I didn't use it)
1 egg, slightly beaten (I didn't use this either)
3 TBSP melted butter or margarine
Directions:
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. In 1-gallon plastic ziploc bag mix Bisquick, cheese, garlic salt, and paprika. Dip half the chicken in egg, place in bag and shake. Place on cookie sheet and repeat with the other half. Drizzle butter over chicken (this was harder than it sounds...) Bake 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. 4 servings.
4 comments:
That looks like a great recipe. I'm going to need to try it! Thanks!
I guess I should introduce my kids to chicken nuggets other than the dinosaur shaped ones from Costco.
i just noticed that the link to my blog is wrong. it is delightfulheavenlysunrise.blogspot.com. there is no "ly" after delightful. just thought i'd let you know!
maybe i'll have to branch out from the frozen costco nuggets!
Sounds yummy, thanks!
Post a Comment