Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Woodburn Tulip Fest

On Friday when we had lots of family in town we went decided to drive down to Woodburn for their annual Tulip Festival.  Last year when we went (apparently, I didn’t post about the Tulip Fest last year, but I did post about another one and a Lilac Fest that I went to), I was blown away by the rows and rows of beautiful colors.  It literally took my breath away.  I was amazed by the beauty.  I told my mom, mother-in-law, and anyone who would listen how beautiful it was and how they would have to visit during Tulip Fest time so we could take them to see this amazing sight. 

Yeah, this is what we saw:

DSCN8470

I guess winter has been a little too long and a little too cold because there was only one type of tulip blooming in the fields, and one type blooming in pots.  They still had the cow train, the duck races, the slides and booths set up, and the garden had daffodils, hyacinths and other unknown flowers blooming and it was beautiful, and it was a nice day to wander and be outside but we didn’t get to see the rows and rows of color.   I was still able to get some neat shots, but they’re not nearly as vibrant as I had hoped for:

DSCN8481

DSCN8551 DSCN8555

Come visit in a few more weeks, and we’ll try seeing the tulips again!

7 comments:

Julie P said...

It's going to be beautiful in a few weeks! We have relatives coming from Ohio for Easter (and the week after) and I'm afraid we won't be blooming by then to show the company. Oh well - I can e-mail pictures later, I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

You were still able to get amazing shots...but how disappointing. Too bad the weather didn't check your schedule. Maybe you can escape in a couple weeks alone...with your camera : ) OR have you been to the Skagit Valley Tulip festival above Seattle? An even longer, nicer escape!

Mindy said...

Those are great shots! I love your composition. Hopefully soon you'll get to see it in full bloom.

Bridget said...

yeah, Darilyn had told me about that. Bummer. We went last year too and it was beautiful.

Darilyn said...

I wish I had known you were planning on going. I was planning on going on Thursday and checked the website for driving directions the day before. Luckily I did because they had pictures that they had taken that day showing no flowers yet. I can't wait to go when they are in bloom. I'll let you know when we are heading down there and if it works maybe we can meet up.

mahina said...

oh, i am so sorry! what a bummer, especially because you had family in town and you had made such a big deal about how amazing it is! it really is amazing! too bad they couldn't see all the beautiful tulips in full bloom! i will miss it this year!

Jeanette said...

What a bummer! I loved going to the Woodburn tulip festival when we lived out there.