Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tagged…Sort of

Bythelbs did a post using all one letter and invited people to play along and she would assign a letter.  I decided to play along (since I can’t seem to think of anything to post about) and she assigned me with the letter “H”.  Hmm.  This is going to be a lot harder than I thought it would be.  Here goes:

1.  Hot Tubs ~ I’m not a fan.  I am always cold so it seems like I should enjoy soaking in a hot tub but they are too hot.  I’ll take a cool swimming pool any day instead.

 P_560534_1313750

2. Hullabaloo ~ One of my favorite games to play with the kids.  Except when the voice tells me to touch my nose to the something.  I don’t like to put my nose on the floor.  I do enjoy doing the victory jump and I enjoy how everyone participating does a funky monkey dance right along with the winner.

3. Height ~ I’m not super tall but I am taller than the average American woman.  I love it.  I’m 5’8”. 

4. Heroin ~ Never tried it. Never been tempted. 

5. Hero ~ My mom.  She’s so strong.  She’s talented – she sews, paints, scrapbooks,etc.  She gave me the most important things in life – a good example of faith, and patience, and hope.  And someday I hope to cook like her too.

6. Husband ~ Pretty close to perfect.  Happily married.

7. Hundred ~ In two days, I will have taken 100 photos for my Project 365.  Almost a third done.

13010FondantHyacinth

8. Hyacinth ~ Do you ever watch those old British comedies with all the women named after flowers?  They’re hilarious.  I haven’t watched one in ages…I don’t even remember what they are called.  Are you Being Served? maybe?  Love the flowers too.  And this morning on my walk, I loved the scent as I passed them.

9. Health ~ I’m healthy, but I’m working on being healthier.  I’m walking, doing yoga, eating good foods and I’ve lost some weight (about 10 pounds).

10. Happy ~  Yes, most of the time.  I miss being close to my family and my friends.  I have friends here but those I am closest to are far away, and I let this get to me too much.  I’m working on being less selfish, and enjoying the little things around me.  Happiness is children’s laughter, movie night with Bryan, pizza for dinner, flowers blooming, snow falling, game night, warm baths, clean sheets, and hugs.

And a bonus : Hair ~ Mine is curly.  I wish I had straight Jennifer Aniston type hair but I’ve given up fighting it.  I put in some Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, let it air dry and do it’s thing.  I’m scary looking when I wake up.  Oh, I also do hair.  I miss my old salon and my regular clients.  For now, I cut in the kitchen and it works.

Want to play?  Let me know and I’ll assign you a letter!

the pictures are from a yahoo image search.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Where's "ha!"??

And I love that you listed heroin. Because now you'll get searchers of heroin coming to your site. Ha! (see? Ha! is awesome...as are you. :) )

Janelle said...

Hot Tubs - I'm a major fan.

I like your list. Especially Hyacinth.

Bridget said...

#8- YES! I loved that show Keeping Up Appearances!! Is it still on? It was so funny.

Anonymous said...

Nice H's. I was confused at first glance when I saw the heroin because originally it was "10 things I like that start with _". But then Janelle did a "10 things I don't like that start with O". You have a nice combo of the two ideas. Way to put your own spin on it!