Friday, April 17, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

A few weeks ago Bryan was in Seattle and it had been a long week with out him.  It’s good for me to have him go. I hate having him go, but when he’s gone I realize how much of a help he is around the house and with the kids.  It makes me appreciate all he does even more.  Anyway, back to the story, I was doing house work and since Bryan was gone I had to take the trash out myself. Taking the trash out is one of the most unpleasant chores in my opinion.  I put on my shoes, a jacket and tied up the back of trash and headed out the back door and make the trek across the wooden deck.  I didn’t realize that I had been looking down at the weathered boards until I was on my way back to the house and glanced up and spotted this:

DSCN8675 DSCN8681

I was literally stopped in my tracks.  I remember being awed at their beauty last year, and this year I was too.  Maybe more so since I was lost in feeling sorry for myself mood.  I had to get the camera and capture some of their beauty.  I also took time to inhale their sweet, subtle fragrance. 

A few days later we were blessed with blue skies so I had to take more pictures {I wonder what my grandchildren will think when they go through my old photos and hundreds of shots of this tree ~ after all, I take probably 30 each year (so far!)}

DSCN8701 DSCN8703 DSCN8705

Then there was this gem on a walk through the neighborhood a couple Sundays ago:

DSCN8698

Happy weekend in spring, everyone.   We’re off to watch a baseball game, then tomorrow it’s football and doing some walking. What are your plans?

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Beautiful pics Amanda!

Christie said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are amazing. LOVE the one with the bee in the center of the blossom. Well done, my friend.

Ginna said...

mmmm, those shots with the blue sky behind are divine. I love them.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Wow, gorgeous! Have a good weekend...our younger two boys start soccer games this weekend, so it looks like sports for us both, eh?

Julie P said...

Thank you for sharing those - gorgeous!

Darilyn said...

Those are beautiful.

mahina said...

that is one thing that i miss! i always loved driving down the street and seeing all the cherry blossoms! thank you for the beautiful pictures so i could enjoy them from a far!

Bridget said...

So beautiful! Great pics. My kids are starting to get sick of me always pointing out the blossoms but they are so pretty I can't help it.