Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blazer-Jazz Game

For my oldest son’s birthday we got him two tickets for the Utah Jazz-Portland Trailblazer game.  He was so excited.  The plan was for Bryan to take him to the game, but it worked out that Bryan was out of town so I took him to the game.  I wore my Utah Jazz sweatshirt and my son wore the new Blazers shirt that he got with his gift. We rode the Max train in and found our seats.  This was the view from our seats (it was better than this in real life):

DSCN8664

Here is my son right before the game started:DSCN8663

We were entertained non-stop in the Rose Garden.  They had this inflated car fly around and drop stuff.  At one point they dropped boxes from the rafters.  I touched one but the teens seated next to us go the box.  During the fourth quarter they gave us the slip of paper in it that would have given us a free hat, but it had to be redeemed before the end of the third quarter.  We were disappointed.

DSCN8667

 

The final score. Sigh.  Can you see it?  Portland 125, Utah 104.  It was a good game ~ The Blazers were on fire and couldn’t be stopped.  It was kind of exciting to see Pryzbilla and Boozer fight and then get ejected and it was exciting to see Sloan be ejected too, because it is such classic Sloan, as Darilyn points out.

DSCN8670

I’m not really sure how I ended up buying a red Blazers shirt (and I’m kind of surprised that I wasn’t struck by lightning), and I can’t really believe that my child is such a big fan of those Jailblazers.  He was thrilled with the Blazers blowing out my beloved Jazz.  I was a good sport though and cheered for good basketball ~ I just had a little more enthusiasm for the Jazz.  :)

We had a good time and no one hassled me about cheering for the Jazz until we were on the train back to the car.   It was a fun night out with just my oldest and me.

6 comments:

Darilyn said...

That was a fun night and I'm glad you blogged about it. Your son looks so happy and what a great present for him.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I love mom & son dates.

FluffyChicky said...

That is awesome. I took The Boy to a Smothers Brothers concert last year and we had a ball. Mom/Son dates rock!

Mindy said...

It looks like he had a great time and that's a real special memory for the two of you!!

Bridget said...

How fun! I love basketball games. Sloan getting ejected is ALWAYS a highlight.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Family times are fun, but the one on one times are just terrific. What fun memories.