I just read Recovering Charles by Jason F. Wright. It was recommended to me by someone at our Relief Society book club. He is the author of The Wednesday Letters, and The Christmas Jars. I read The Wednesday Letters and I enjoyed it, but this book is far better. I absolutely loved it.
From the Recovering Charles website:
“Luke Millward is a man who does not know he is lost. His career is going well; he has the love of close friends; and a future he looks forward to every day.
“Only when the past reveals its twisted smile in a phone call and the disconnected voice asks him to come find his estranged father in post-Katrina New Orleans is Luke compelled to find out what kind of man he truly is; and who the man is that his father has become.”
I got the flyer from Seagull Book yesterday and they have this book in hardback for only $3.99, so if you have a Seagull by you RUN, don’t walk, and get yourself a copy. You won’t regret it, I promise. If you don’t have a Seagull, check for it at your local library.
A truly excellent book, and a quick read too.
***********************
I’m hosting the discussion for this week’s Gospel Doctrine discussion (D&C Lesson 15) at Scripture Sisters so come on over and discuss with us.
4 comments:
Nice review. I've read his other two and I keep looking at this one. I need to see if my library has it!
I left something for you at my blog today. Come on by!
http://www.atshoresend.com/2009/04/mom-of-year-award.html
Thanks for the review. I need a good book!
I am bookmarking this book for my summer reading. We don't have a Seagull but I'm sure it is easily found online!
Post a Comment