Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ten Photos

Cheryl tagged me for this. I can't believe that I am really showing this stuff off to the whole world. But it is kind of fun. Here are the rules: Take a picture of the following 10 things (immediately! No cleaning first!), and then tag 5 people to do the same on their blog.
Okay. Here goes:
1. The fridge.
Luckily for me, I had just gone grocery shopping so my fridge is stocked and the food covers where it isn't clean. Just avert your eyes from the chocolate sauce on the door. Please.
2. Your Closet
Luckily for me, you can't see the clothes on the floor. I have a bad habit of kicking off my jeans and leaving them in a pile on the floor. We wont discuss why the mop is in there. I am very embarrassed right now.
3. Your Kitchen Sink
Not too bad...I loaded the dishwasher and cleaned the sink right afterwards. I thought about retaking the picture but this is real.4. The toilet
5. Your Favorite Shoes
I hate shoes so I took a picture of my feet. I would much rather be barefoot.

Then I decided that my feet aren't shoes, and if I have to wear shoes I wear flip-flops if I can.
6. Your Favorite Room

I chose the family room because it is where I use the computer, exercise and where we watch tv and read together. Excuse the mess. I took the picture, then decided I should clean it (because no one would know!) and take another picture. So, I cleaned it and forgot to take the picture. And now I am too lazy to change the photos.

7. What Your Kids Are Doing Now

When I took the pictures, my youngest was driving his Cozy Coupe back and forth on the deck. My oldest and daughter were at school...now my daughter is outside, my oldest is in school and my youngest is napping. 8. Your Laundry Pile

Not too bad! I have been doing laundry like crazy for the last couple of days from our camping trip.

9. Your Self-Portrait

In real life, I don't think that my forehead is that big.

10. Your Dream Vacation

I'm not sure how your supposed to take a picture of your dream vacation...but here is a warm, sandy beach in Puerto Rico. That sounds nice right now.

Image via Flickr

I am going to tag Darilyn, Ginna, Brooke, Marchetz, and Laura.
If I didn't tag you, you are welcome to play along. Or do a happy dance.

Have fun!

10 comments:

Bridget said...

I love those honest pictures of houses when they aren't totally clean. Good for you for being brave. I love your vacation idea. When is this rain going to go away??!

Janelle said...

Hey your laundry pile is super small, and I hate shoes too. So, my favorite shoes don't get worn a lot. Cozy Coupes are fun toys. It was great for me that Cheryl tagged me on a clean day. My house is a disaster now (7 hours later)I guess I should tag some people.

Cheryl said...

Janelle is lucky I picked a clean day. :) But Amanda, your house looks just fine, too! Honestly, it's great to see that everyone lives down and dirty lives like me. Ha!

P.S. I love your self-photo. You're so darn cute! :)

Ginna said...

hey this is a fun one! And I'll do it, but I can't do it for a couple weeks because I'm out visiting. I'll do it when I get back though, and not right away so there's some time to get some lived-in-ness.
I liked yours, and your self portrait is nice! what a cute girl you are!

FluffyChicky said...

I'm coming to your house...you have food in the fridge and you can see the floor! Awesome!

Darilyn said...

I love this and I will totally play along. And what mop? You can't even see a mop in your closet. You crack me up. Okay, here I go. I'm off to take pictures!

Kelly said...

I think this is a really fun challenge. I hope people feel more normal once more pictures are revealed. I'd get a two for one with these pictures, because I have a bad habit of leaving my clothes on the closet floor. When there are so many clothes I can't walk in there anymore, then they become laundry! Like the view in there today!

I like the floor around your toilet and laundry. But that is one mighty clean toilet for a mom with two boys. I'm impressed.

We have that exact stream of chocolate sauce in the fridge!

Michelle said...

See, you did take those embarrassing pictures! I would love to go to Puerto Rico.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl caught me on a good day. If I had to do the meme right now, it would be an entirely different story. Entirely different.

I don't think your forehead seems big, but if it seems big to you it's because it's impossible to take a normally proportioned picture of yourself with a camera held away at arms length.

It's been fun to see a little glimpse into your world!

Jocelyn said...

I love your lived in world. Like everyone else whose house happened to be clean, mine is not that way anymore. And if there had been a request for "photo under your kitchen bar stools" -- wow, disasterous!
I am morbidly curious, too, why on earth is there a mop in your closet????