I didn't get any scrapbooking done this week with my parents in town, but I did get the Tulip Fest album that I made with my Mom's photos done. I love how it turned out. I made the album with 9x9 pages not realizing that 9x9 albums are hard to come by. I ordered one online, but it was too big for the amount of pages I had, so I made my own:
I used Modge-Podge to stick two pieces of chipboard (10x10" size) together (for each cover - 4 pieces total), and then covered them in cute paper, ribbons and a photo. Using my crop-a-dile, I punched holes, and added jump rings and ribbon. I sanded the edges of the chipboard, and paper to make it smooth, and even out the spots that weren't quite straight.It worked out that I had the same amount of horizontal, and vertical pictures so each two page spread had two horizontal shots, and two vertical shots. I found enough flower quotes online to include one on each pages. My favorite is : Earth laughs in flowers.

On to my To-Do's: I really need to get some pictures ordered. This has been on my list for awhile, and now that Uncle Sam has come through, I think I can do it. :) I have an itch to scrapbook, so I hope to make a bunch of pages this week.
This weeks bonus question: Did you make anything for Mother's Day? Sadly, no. I bought cards for the mothers in my life. I sent store bought gifts. I'm okay with that though.
Join us for Sunday Scrappin', and you will be inspired to get out your supplies and get to work. I guarantee it. I love it!
9 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your album!! Great job!
Your album is wonderful! Yesterday we went to a Tulip Festival so I may need to scraplift some of your ideas.
Love the album! I'd say that counts as getting some scrapping done this week! What a great idea to make your own and it turned out so cute.
Yeah, sometimes you just have to buy your cards and gifts. I struggle because everyone knows I'm a scrapbooker/card-maker and expects a homemade card. Oh well.
Glad you had a good Mother's Day and good luck this week!
Sniz
This is so beautiful. You are so talented Amanda.
Great album! I love that your layouts turned out with even numbers of pics going each way... I'm weird, I know, but I like that kind of thing. (I always have to face people looking inward on a page, too- I think it's from being an art major, LOL!)
Wow! You really are so talented with your scrapbooking. I love seeing your projects.
Well done on making the album., it looks amazing.
Hope you have a wonderful week.
That is absolutely gorgeous! Have a great week.
cute scrapbooking... i'm always jealous of people that can do stuff with paper. i'm all thumbs. awesome!
Post a Comment