Thursday, May 8, 2008

How to have fun at the beach

First, I have been playing with my blog template. I made a header using this tutorial, and have changed some colors. What do you think?

Now on to the cute-ness. While my parents were here, we (my parents, my brother, my sister, her boyfriend, my nephew and us) went to Rockaway Beach. My kids loved it. I could walk the beach for hours. It was chilly, but that didn't stop my daughter from getting soaked in the surf. My oldest gathered pieces of sea shells, and make sand castles. My youngest did a little bit of everything. Today he is going to show us how to have lots of fun at the beach.

First, notice your cousin being buried, and decide that you might like to join in. Lie down, and close eyes so the sun isn't right in your eyes:
Be cute enough to convince your aunt's boyfriend to bury you:
Lie there for a few minutes while your mom takes a million pictures, and wait while your brother is buried on the other side of your cousin. Pose with them for even more pictures:
Decide you have had enough of this. Try to start moving:
Succeed at sitting up, and try to shake some of the sand out of your church clothes:
Shortly there after, decide you want to be buried again. When no one will bury you again, run off and play some more. Test the water, gather a couple of shells and stomp on sand piles and the starts of castles.
It's good to be two-and-a-half.

8 comments:

mahina said...

he is adorable!

i always loved being buried in the sand as a child! i don't know what it is about being buried in sand, but it sure is fun!!

i even did it while in college at BYU-hawaii. i laid there forever while my friends sculptured a godess body on me! too funny! good memories!

glad you could enjoy the beach!

Cheryl said...

Oh, he's just too cute! It is fun to be 2 1/2, isn't it? I'm jealous of your beach-filled life. Utah Lake just doesn't do it for me. Ha!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink and green!

Marchezt said...

Looks like so much fun!!

Kelly said...

I love your new design! And the picture of you and your hubby on the right too! Very nice. Your new design makes me happy every time it loads, like a cheery little surprise.

I love the beach! These pictures make me smile. I've never understood the thrill kids have in being buried in all that sand though, makes me itch thinking about it. I love how no one wanted to help your little guy bury again so he ran off to play some more. Perfect two and a half!

Darilyn said...

Your blog looks great. And what a fun time at the beach.

Ginna said...

good thing the little ones have very washable church clothes, huh?
I love the header, the lilacs are gorgeous!

Cecily R said...

I want to come bury him! It looks like grand fun!!

He is adorable.

Your blog looks great!