Friday, March 21, 2008

Lego Party!

I think a Lego machine blew up in my living room :
Oldest turned 7 yesterday. I can hardly believe it! For his birthday party we decided to do a Lego themed party. We have a ton of legos and he loves to build with them so it worked nicely. We printed invitations from a cool website. I found a lot of birthday party ideas on-line so I stole them and made my own party.

We played Lego ring toss {with posts made of Duplo blocks, and rings made of paper plates}. It wasn't a big hit. Then we did a Lego toss {they had to toss legos onto a poster board and try to get the Lego onto a drawn lego.} Next was chopsticks {we took 2 long Legos and put a rubberband around one end and they had to pick up as many things out of three bowls (checkers, crayons and legos) in one minute as they could.} We also did pin the dot on the Lego. We had chocolate ice-cream, with a chocolate Lego cake:

At the end we dumped out all the Legos in the center of the room, and let them build. We did a tower contest to see who made the tallest tower in 2 minutes, and gave them 5 minutes to see what they could make. The kids had a great time. I was exhausted when it was over, but that's okay.

My daughter gave Oldest a skateboard for his birthday ($7.99 from Target) and he has been spending a lot of time outside practicing now.
I am so glad that birthdays are over until next year!

12 comments:

Bridget said...

What a cute cake! And all those games sound really fun. Give a big sigh of relief though that it is over.

Mindy said...

That's an adorable cake! Also A Lego party is a terrific idea.

behka said...

Is there a "Mom of the Year" blog award out there? You deserve it! That looks so fun, and perfect for 7 year old boys.

Ginna said...

Wow you do such great birthday parties! I absolutely love the cake. Way to go--he'll remember all that for the rest of his life for sure.

Cheryl said...

I agree --you do give the best birthday parties! You sure you don't want to move back to Provo and throw parties for my kids? Or me? :)

Glad the kids had fun. I love this idea for a party, too...

Jake said...

Oh wow! Every little boy's dream come true. Everybody loves Legos!

Cafe Mommy - said...

Wow what a cool lego cake. Legos are so awesome. My son loves them and even does his school projects with them. Cute that your daughter gave him a skateboard too cute!

Cafe Mommy - said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kelly said...

i bet they had a great time! oh my heavens! did it take forever to clean up?

April said...

Great ideas you did for the Lego party.
My kids love Legos too. We finally found a great way to store and organize them. I have some pictures on my blog if you would like to see: http://aprilskelley.blogspot.com/2008/07/lego-fans-storage-solutions.html

Lisa R.D. said...

I saw your idea on TipJunkie, and it's just in time... we are doing a Lego Star Wars party for my boy who is turning 5 soon. How did you make your lego cake... is it cupcakes on top? Very cute ideas!

Amanda D said...

Thanks for stopping by, Lisa!

Yes, the cake is a cake with six cupcakes on top. It was a fun party. Good luck with the party!