I had ordered some lady-bug bean bags and a craft from Oriental Trading Co. but they didn’t arrive so we didn’t have enough to do. We played Pin the Dot on the Ladybug, and Musical Leaves.
She got a lot of crafty type toys. Some paints. She got one Barbie and one basket FULL of candy. She had a wonderful time, and continued to tell me how much she loved me all afternoon. Her real birthday is Tuesday so we will be having her favorite dinner (The World’s Best Lasagna - recipe to come later), and she will open the presents that have come from grandparents and from us. One of the boys is going to get her a big bouncy ball. We don’t know what we are going to get her. We need to decide.
This is what I wanted to do after the party:
-----------------------
It worked out nicely that we had stake conference today on "spring forward" day. We really tried to convince ourselves that we needed to go. Staying home in jammies all day won out though. Let's face it, wrestling three kids for two hours really didn't stand much of a chance. Eternal salvation will have to wait. ;-)
We've spent the day lounging around. I redid Daughter's braids, the kids painted with her new paints, and we have plans for a walk this afternoon.
Happy Sunday everyone!
11 comments:
How fun! Parties are exhausting, but worth it when the kids are happy. I mean how could it not be worth it for a picture like the little one sleeping?
We had a 7 a.m. Stake Priesthood meeting on spring forward day! I mean, i didn't, but the boys did. What a rip. Stake Conference on the couch sounds lovely.
Happy Birthday! You put on a great party mom!
Looks like a great party!! What a fun mom you are!!
P.S. I love Eric Carle and the Grouchy Lady Bug is one of my favs!
We have both of those books too and I love them. Sounds like a fun party. It is so tiring though so you really do deserve to skip church. Very convenient to have the stake conference today. You can always pull the excuse that you forgot to change your clock.
i'm loving the cupcakes & that photo of the littlest one crashed on the couch... too cute!
Fabulous party! Don't worry about having enough to do. I think kids expect too much at parties now-a-days, anyway.
Oh, all day in jammies?! I'm a tad jealous of that one...
Happy Birthday to her!! Will she be 4 or 5? Crazy how fast time goes! We had Stake Conference also will all the intentions of going...then the time change and thinking of sitting two hours on hard folding chairs 9 months preggo didn't sound like much fun!
She is 5. I can't believe it!
I'm glad to know that I am not the only person that skips stake conference, Marchetz!
Those cupcakes are absolutely ADORABLE. What a cute party.
Amanda it was so great to see your comment and to hear from you. I am glad to see that you are doing well.
Keep in touch !
You deserve a super-mom award for the lady bug bday party! THose cupcakes are darling.
Post a Comment