Tuesday, March 18, 2008

7 Servings of Fruit & Veggies

My mom passed this recipe along to me. I think she got it from Weight Watchers. Oh. my. goodness. It is soooo good. And, it has 7 servings of fruit/veggies. I'm not really sure how, but I'll take it! Now, it isn't the most appetizing color, but I put mine in a purple cup so it looks purple. :)

2 cups baby spinach packed down
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 cup apple juice

Throw it all in a blender and blend.

295 calories, 1 gram fat and 11 grams fiber.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Bridget said...

OK. Everything belongs there but the spinach. Doesn't it give it a strange flavor?

Amanda D said...

You would totally think that it would make it nasty, but it doesn't. You can't even taste it! You've got to try it, Bridget!

Darilyn said...

All right, I just don't think I can do this. 2 cups? That's a lot of spinach.

Ginna said...

wow, it sounds crazy, but I'm willing to try. Does the apple juice make it sweet?

Amanda D said...

I'm sure you could cut down the spinach, Darilyn. But really, you can't taste it!

Yes, it is sweet, Ginna. But not too sweet. I had it for lunch today and I was full all afternoon.

Sometime we'll have to get together and I will serve you all some!

Cecily R said...

Are you SURE? I love spinach, but with ranch and some tomatoes in a salad...

mahina said...

love it!i used to make a drink in our juicer with carrots, celery, spinach, apple and an orange and it was super tasty. it's a wonderful way to get veggies into my children's bellies! i'll have to try yours!

behka said...

This sounds so fabulous! Thanks, Amanda!