Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I really can’t believe that Daughter is all ready 5. It seems like it was not so long ago that we she was a month old and we were in Tennessee picking her up. I remember walking the halls of the hotel that night, while she cried, and ate and slept. In honor of her fifth birthday, I have decided to share five things about her with you all :

  • She is excellent at sharing. She is willing to share her treats, toys, and her room when relatives come visit.
  • She has rhythm. She loves to dance, and once the music is playing she swings her hips and move her hands. To look at her you would think that she has spent a lot of time in lessons. She hasn’t but would like to, I think.
  • She is an excellent eater. When we go to my mom’s house, my boys ask for cookies. Daughter asks for an orange. She likes fruit but she really loves vegetables. When she is serving herself the steamed veggies, we have to remind her to save some for everyone else. And she eats steak like no other preschool aged around.
  • She has imagination. She isn’t really into toys - she has a few that she plays with, but give her a blanket and she has a kingdom or a picnic. If she is outside she is conquering Terabithia and saving her friends from goblins. Or she is a cat, or a dog or an animal tamer.
  • Her smile lights up the room. She loves to laugh and has an incredible laugh.


Just look at her laughing in this picture. Isn't it adorable?!

I love you, baby girl. Happy 5th birthday. I’m proud to be your mom.

12 comments:

Ginna said...

She is such a beautiful girl! Tell her happy birthday. How fun.
The party sounds like it was fun but exhausting. I love how the ladybug cupcakes turned out!

Anonymous said...

I *love* her smile in that last picture! Happy Birthday!

Kelly said...

Wow she sounds like an absolute joy to have around. A dream child! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Such a sweet post. She's adorable. I think she's lucky to have you for her mom!

Jake said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful girl! That looks like a really cute party, too...

D-dawg said...

She really is so cute and I laugh her head thrown back in laughter!! Great that she has such an imagination too.

Marchezt said...

She is so cute! What a fabulous little girl...I haven't seen her since she was a baby! She is truly gorgeous and blessed to have you as her mommy and Bryan as her daddy!!

Bridget said...

What a beautiful girl! I wish I always wanted an orange over cookies.

Amber said...

Happy birthday to a true anomoly when it comes to healthy preschool eating habits. :-)

Cheryl said...

Happy late birthday to Daughter! She sounds so wonderful...

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Excellent eater! I'm that way but I'm 39...I'm not sure that's a good thing anymore! Very sweet birthday testimony!