
Since there was no school Monday, I (along with the rest of the Portland Metro area) took the kids to the zoo. We have an annual pass so we could go to the zoo with out having to pay! The above photo is the kids at the Farm section of the zoo. Overall I think that section of the zoo is lacking. There are no horses, cows, or pigs. Weird. The kids do like climbing all over the John Deere tractor though. Sorry the picture is kind of dark.

Here are Oldest and Youngest on the stone hippo.

Here is Daughter on a mouse. Youngest is also in the picture. He is wearing a hat to hide the fact that I am lazy and haven't cut his hair in a while.

This is what most of the animals were doing. Sleeping in the middle of the day like these lazy hippos. The zebra was in the same position he is every time we are there. Face away from the crowd. Yuck. The elephant was eating. I like the variety of animals that are at the Oregon Zoo but the lay-out of the Hogle Zoo (in SLC) is much better. Oldest really wanted to see penguins and we lucked out - they were swimming and waddling around. Daughter wanted to see the hippos and polar bear. Both sleeping. Lazy. Youngest wanted to see the elephants. He gets most excited about the sea lions though. They are always swimming in circles and amazing the kids (and adults) all around us.
Did you do something fun with your day off?
10 comments:
That's so funny you went to the zoo! We had a lazy morning at home and went to the zoo in the afternoon. AHH, maybe we were there at the same time. We were there 12-3:30. Yes, it was crowded. We still need to do the museum together sometime.
I've always thought it would be fun to have a season pass to the zoo and to go there more than like once every three years like we do. Maybe next locale I can try that. looks like youguys had fun!
Yesterday Max and I went to his doctor and mine for strep tests, so that was exciting. We were both negative though, so that's a good thing. So nothing too fun. Maybe this weekend though.
We left about 12:30. That is the nice thing about having a season pass -- I can go for a couple hours and not feel guilty if we don't see all the animals.
Makes me miss living someplace with a zoo. Looks like you guys had a good time. :)
My husband took our youngest to the zoo from 12-3. They had a great time and i was glad I didn't have to go. I"m not a fan of zoos.
i wasn't too far away! we were at the rose garden park! it was a bit chilly there because it is surrounded by large trees. the kids had a blast though!
So glad you had a fun day. I miss the zoo, I need to take the kids!
What a fun day! I haven't taken the kids to the zoo for a long time. We used to go to the free days at the Hogle Zoo back in the day.
What a fun day! I haven't been to the zoo in years, we all went to the Seattle one while visiting grandparents and it was a neat zoo. We need to go when it thaws a little brrrr! lol! Glad you all had fun!
Post a Comment