Page 1:
Page 2: This page has places for two photos and three 'notes' on a 'cork board' that I can add different things on. They say: field trips, friends, favorites : color, subject, and signature. I can add little notes from the year on these squares also. When he is older we probably wont be putting favorite color in the square so I have left them blank so that I can add in something appropriate for that year.
Page 3: This page I had intended to be for additional pictures and school work but so far it has been covered with the large class photos that they send home these days.
Page 4: This page may be my favorite. I sewed two pockets on each page for report cards and school work. There is a spot on the front of the pocket for photos, and I have a plastic self-adhesive frame for every other year.
There was so much cute school work sent home in Kindergarten that I used a sheet protector to hold additional stuff. I may do this with each year in school.
My goals for the upcoming week are just to get some stuff scrapbook-ed. I didn't think that I was that far behind until I went looking for some photos of Oldest with his Kindergarten teacher (which I never found, argh!) and instead found tons of photos that are not in albums. I also would like to get a couple of frames to put some additional pictures in.
Bonus Question for the week: What is your favorite supply to work with right now? I am in love with my Cuttlebug, and how easy it is to emboss shapes and cut out shapes and letter. I also love my self-inking circle stamp that has three or four lines inside it for journaling.
See more Sunday Scrappin' here for more paper craft ideas. I am loving participating in this! It gives me a due date to get something done by. Join in the fun.
14 comments:
Those are adorable pages!
Great pages! I like the pocket one, too. I just got a mini sewing machine, so I'm anxious to try stitching on cards or scrapbook pages soon.
Cute pages. I haven't scrapped for so long, I think I forgot how!
I love the idea of making a school album for each child and think it's GREAT that you've already got the base work covered. How fun! Have a great week. I don't think I'll ever be "caught up" so you aren't alone.
What a great idea!!! I can't wait to get to the school albums! This is the first year my kiddos have been in school...we homeschooled before, so now I want to put some books together. Your pages are awesome!!!
Those pages are great! I love the layout and uses for each page, great ideas. I might just do this after all! Good luck this week!
My inability to scrapbook is the reason why I started a blog. Gals like you who can do both make the rest of us look bad. :-)
I love these pages!! Have a great week!
Fabulous pages!
Chrissy
Those are so cute! One of these days I tell myself. One of these days...
How fun! These pages are so smart because you're ready to go once you get the info for them--my problem is that stuff builds up because I don't have anyplace for it and I get behind.
I'm inspired!
I love your pages and how you have arranged the layouts! The colors are great and the papers go so well together.
Have a great week! :)
Cute pages!
I seem incapable of completing a page lately. I'm going to do this though http://cathyzielske.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/02/can-you-tell-li.html
I think it's a fun idea that even I can handle! It's kinda like blogging, but more tangible...
I love that idea, Susan. It sounds like fun. I hope you share your completed item! I might join in. We shall see...
Post a Comment